Ankle and knee joint pain and swelling 2 months after an appendectomy

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there, So I had my appendix removed 2 months ago and now out of knowwhere I started having joint pain and swelling in my ankles and it now went up to my knees. The best way I can describe the pain is unbearable I can barely walk and when I do it hurts terribly...My joints feel like they need to crack but when I roll my ankle around it hurts and doesn't crack. I'm killing myself looking for answeres to why this is happening so if anyone has any advice on what and why they think this is happening it would be greatly appreciated so I know something before my doctors appointment. It's to the point of scaring me...Thanks so much!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Do you mind if I ask how old you are?
    • Posted

Well, it sounds like a Rheumatoid Arthritis flare up to me. The initial onset can be triggered by environmental factors, such as stress, trauma, or pathogens. Though it could also be unconnected to your surgery. Age determines if it's RA or JRA, mostly. 

• Posted

Don't worry, RA is very manageable. Especially nowadays with the more targetted medications. 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.