Skip to content
Ad

Appendicitis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Mild pain 1 year after appendectomy. Is this normal?

Exactly a year ago this week I had laroscopic appendectomy. I had bouts of appendicitis for around 1 year prior to my surgery which was misdiagnosed multiple times. It was perforated when it was removed. A week later I was out of hospital and was mobile. For the last few months i've been experiencing...

Last reply
  • Loss off feeling, constipation and thrush?

I had my appendix out four days ago after it had burst. I have been unable to go to the toilet since the day before no matter what i try and i seem to have no feeling i my anus and have no control over passing wind. Also i think i may have thrush in my mouth, possibly from the tubes? I dont know. Any...

Last reply
  • Wearing seat belt after appendectomy

I'm post-op day #8 from an open appendectomy. I have yet to drive or be a passenger in a car. How does one wear a seat belt after surgery? I'm still having some discomfort and can't imagine a seat belt strapped across my belly. Thanks!

Last reply
  • IBS and appendectomy

For the longest time I've had IBS, but when my abdominal pain became worse I recently had an emergency appendectomy. But I still have nausea, loss of appetite and abdominal pain, which I guess is my IBS. Anyone else dealing with IBS and appendectomy?

Last reply
  • Suspected Appendicitis

Hi I am trying to work out if i have chronic appendicitis. The reason i say this is that there seems to be some difference of opinion as to whether chronic appendicitis is a recognised condition. For over a week now i have been having some mild pain in my lower right quadrant along with rumbling stomach,...

Last reply
  • Appendicitis or no?

Hey, Yesterday I brushed against my lower mid-right abdomen and it was very sore, thinking I perhaps pulled a muscle I didnt think much of it. Today I felt the area again thinking the pain woukd be gone, but is still there, can barely touch it, very painful.. I have no other pain and no fever or any...

Posted
  • How to tell if your life is in danger?

Hey, I was just sat at my computer and got a very accute sharp pain in my lower right side, near my side, between my groin and belly button height wise. It was made worse when I stood up to walk. I took a paracetamol.  I also went to have a pee and that, or the pain meds, seemed to make it go away....

Posted
  • Appendicitis??

Okay so I'm undure if there's a chance I have appendicitis or grumbling appendix. I went to the toilet about 4 hours ago to have a 💩 I then got a very sharp stabbing pain in my lower pelvic area and could barely move for almost an hour.the pain started to ease and for the past hour I've...

Last reply
  • laparoscopic appendectomy incision

Hello, I just had a laparoscopic appendectomy two weeks ago. I'm curious as to why my surgeon decided to go with a vertical incision starting at the bottom of my belly button (downwards), instead of a horizontal one that follows the natural curvature of my belly button (what I see most people have...

Posted
  • Pain after appendectomy

I had an appendectomy in 2014 (3 years ago) and that was 3 weeks after I had my second child. Well years later I still have pain and some days the pain is so unbearable that I can barely talk, walk, eat or do anything. The pain is as bad as when I was having appendicitis. I sometimes get pain out of...

Posted
  • Chronic appendicitis or what?

This is quite a saga but I'm getting to the point where the pain is really making me grouchy and unable to concentrate. About 2 months ago, I had severe pain in my right side, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite,rebound pain, etc. after a day or two I went to my PCP  and she sent me straight...

Last reply
  • are ct scans reliable for diagnosing appendicitis?

hi last tuesday i had intense pain in my upper left abdomen pain got worse and started to feel pain in my lower right side which made me run to hospital anyways the hospital did a ct scan without contrast said everything looked fine and bloods were okay but had blood in my urine? then next night pain...

Last reply
  • Fluid in abdominal cavity after appendicitis.

Hello, I will try to be as detailed as possible since I have some very rear problems. I had an appendectomyl(August 6th), my appendix didn't burst, but they told me that it was a little perforated on the bottom(they didn't insert a drain). I had an open surgery(traditional). A couple of days...

Last reply
  • Recovery after Appendix and Meckel's Diverticulum Removal

Good evening I was admitted to hospital on 1st May 2014 in agony.Due to the area the pain was coming from they thought it was down to my appendix.On the 3rd May 2014 I was finally sent down to theatre expecting to be asleep for an hour but to my surprise i had been asleep for around 4 hours.When I asked...

Last reply
  • Having a cold a week after appendectomy??!!

Hi! I got my appendix removed about a week ago and now I have a cold. Colds have been going around so I'm not surprised. My only problem is a fever!!! I had a fever last night of 100 and now it's like 99.5 I've been taking ibuprofen. My incisions do not look or feel infected. But is it...

Last reply
  • Advice

Hello, I am currently experiencing pain next to my tummy button that is travelling down to my lower right side, it is like a full ache, I have had it for about 3 hours, I keep having waves of feeling hot like a temp, my temp is between 37.5-38.0 the only other symptom I have is like I need to poop,...

Last reply
  • Appendectomy in a lot of pain

I am 39 I had an appendectomy last Sunday I had bleeding in my pelvis and loads of adhesions on my colon which were removed, dr doesn't know why I had these I have no history of previous surgery but my mother died of colon cancer so I now need to be tested for that. I was constipated for 12 days...

Last reply
  • NEED HELP! ER immediately or wait??

I am having pretty painful stabbing pain in my right lower abdomen. Its way worse when i take a deep breath or move a certain way and really hurts if i put pressure on it. Its been going on for about 1 hr 15 min and hasn't gotten any better or any worse. It is 3:30 in the morning here. Is this ER...

Last reply
  • Pain on LEFT side following appendectomy

Hi, Wonder if anyone has any advice. I had my appendix out just over 3 months ago. Woke up in recovery with the pain gone on right as they'd removed appendix but instead in my left side where my scar is. I'm still in agony over three months later. Work is a real struggle as I'm a teacher...

Last reply
  • Perforated Appendicitis

Hi, I am 22 year old guy. I started having pain in my stomach and had black vomit on December 10, 2016. Doctor said I have stomach ulcer so I was having medication for stomach ulcer. After 5 days I started having lot of pain in my lower right of my stomach. I had sonography and x-ray and I was admitted...

Last reply
  • HELP!!

Hello i had my appendix out 8months ago with keyhole surgery and ever since dishcharge and pain in my belly button! Had numerous antibiotics that clear it up for a few days then it comes straight back!!

Last reply
  • perforated apendix/

I woke on Friday morning thinking I had eaten something that was bad, I slept all day. Saturday afternoon i had a searing pin in my pubic area, so I was taken to the out of hours GP. She told me I had an abscess in my abdomen, gave me antibiotics and sent me home. When I was no better by Tuesday I returned...

Last reply
  • Chronic or reoccurring appendicitis?

Hello all. I am a 25 year old, healthy female, however I've been having issues of late! Three years ago I had severe pain in my abdomen, that moved to the right but no one would look at my appendix. After some time and a hospital stay because of a procedure going horribly awry (instead of looking...

Posted
  • Pain 18 months after appendix and abcess removal

Hi all, wanting to know if there's anyone with a similar situation to myself. Last June I had my appendix removed via keyhole surgery, I was discharged 2 days later with mild but manageable pain, over the week that followed the pain seemed to get worse and felt very unwell, one of my wounds became...

Last reply
  • Appendix or??

Past 4 days I've had intermittent pain on my right side(pretty much where the appendix lives). It's not unbearable, I feel fine-no other symptoms. No nausea, temp etc. I do suffer from IBS sometimes. Could it be that? The pain sometimes goes to my hip and buttock too. I'm a 35 year old female...

Last reply
  • Pain 3 weeks after Appendectomy, Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, d&c

I've never posted on a forum before, for two years I was the one reading everyone else's stories hoping one of them would match mine but unfortunately not so here's my story: I'm a 21 year old female, never been unwell until 2 years ago when all of this started. I have so many questions...

Last reply
  • lower right abdominal pain near my hip

ive been experiencing some lower right abdominal pain near my hip accomponied by heartburn for about the last hour and a half. im worried it might be appendicitus, i am also feeling a tad dizzy, any info would be helpful. thank you.

Last reply
  • Mild thickening and antibiotics?

Help please! I had a ct scan 3 weeks ago that showed a mild thickening on appendix. It was a small area. I've been taking cipro in hopes to avoid surgery. Dr doesn't seem that concerned as my appt to see a surgeon isn't for another week. Anyone have any experience with this? I would add...

Last reply
  • Appendicitis

What was your recovery time? I had a laparoscopy surgery to remove my appendix 3 days ago! I have pain in my abdomen, slight nausea, pain on my right shoulder and sometimes i get chest pain! Is that normal?

Last reply
  • Appendicitis like pain One year after surgery

It is now Wednesday and my symptoms started on Monday, Pain starting at my belly button which throughout the day (took around 6-8 hours) settled right over my appendix scar. This seemed very odd as I went to my GP who basically called me a liar saying my appendix had been removed, that the notes...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.