Skip to content

Appendicitis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Abdominal pain long after appendicitis

I am experiencing intermittent slight pain / tenderness in my lower left abdominal area. I had appendicitis approximately 8 months ago.I had my appendix removed laparoscopically. I was wondering if abdominal exercises could be causing the flare up of intermittent pain/ tenderness

Posted
  • Worried I might have appendicitis

Okay, so for the past few weeks I have been having some mild pain underneath both of my breasts, on the ribs. It wasn't really bothersome. And recently, I just started getting some mild pain in my lower back, like near my butt & tailbone. Was feeling some pain on both of my sides, mostly on...

Last reply
  • 5 Weeks - Post Appendix pain (Left side)

Hi All,  I had my appendix removed on the 2nd May 2018 via Keyhole surgery, I was discharged on the 3rd after eating, going to the toilet and being able to walk around. While I initially felt my recovery was going well, but now going into my 6th week I am experiencing pain in my left side around...

Posted
  • Pain 2 weeks after Appendectomy.

I'm a 19 year old female. So about 2 weeks ago, I had key hole surgery to remove my appendix. There was nothing wrong with my appendix but the doctors had no idea what was causing my pain so they took it out anyway, after finding there were no other problems causing my symptoms. I had a urine infection...

Last reply
  • Pain 6 months after appendectomy.

I was diagnosed with mild appendicitis in November 2017 and one week after (tried antibiotics first) I had the surgery (laparoscopic) surgery went well and almost no pain after the surgery! 2/3 weeks after the surgery until now I have had mild & sometimes severe pain! I can go days without any pain...

Posted
  • Post op for burst appendix

3 weeks post operation for burst appendix keyhole surgery and I know that trapped wind can be a big problem but this has just really started in the last 4 days or so bowels working well and eating well but at night I get seriously bloated and just so uncomfortable and can't get rid of the wind can...

Posted
  • Chronic Appendicitis???

I’m in my early twenties and I’ve had pain in my lower right side for a few months now. I brushed it off to start with because I thought it was maybe just growing pains but it’s gotten worse recently. It comes and goes it doesn’t radiate to any other parts of my stomach. It’s sometimes a dull pain but...

Last reply
  • Suspected early appendicitis - referred to ER.

For the past three days I've experienced a mild to moderate pain in my right lower quadrant that feels like a cross between a pulled muscle and gas pain. It is localized to a point between my belly button and right hip-bone. I did not suspect appendicitis because all the stories I've heard are...

Last reply
  • Ongoing problems after Appendix removal

Good morning/evening! I'm hoping someone can help me or advise further, I had my appendix removed, via keyhole surgery on the 16th July. The pain was horrible! I even nearly passed out which has never happened before, no pain relief was touching the pain, even down to IV morphine. However they...

Last reply
  • Stomach pain

Hey, so about a week ago i had a slight pain twing on my right side bloating. And then pain around belly button area with random shooting pains. Progressed now down to botton right whetr its a constsnt pain more so when laugh or cough or fast movement. Not sure if i have fever but a scale 1/10 im...

Posted
  • Is this my appendix, or am I going insane?

Hello everyone, any input or help would be beyond helpful because I’m literally losing my mind.  Everything started out about 10 days ago with a minor weird sensation in my stomach. Kinda felt like a full off feeling like I worked out to hard. This accompanied odd bowl movements & no pain.  Two...

Last reply
  • Apendicitis? Or something else? Help!

Ok so here is the skinny. Starting last Sunday (9 days ago counting today) I started experiencing sharp extreme upper left abdominal pain. Very painful an 8 at least that would come on and off for a few seconds at a time. It would come an go with some happening several times in 10-30 minutes to whole...

Last reply
  • Appendix

The emergency doctor informed me my appendix may burst How do I reduce the risk

Last reply
  • Pain and tenderness coming back after appendectomy

HI, I had my appendix out via keyhole surgery about 2 1/2 weeks ago. My appendix hadn't ruptured but it was chronically inflamed as I apparently had appendicitis in September but was wrongly diagnosed in hospital. Everything seemed to be healing ok and the pain was easing, but exactly 2 weeks after...

Last reply
  • Pain in left side

I had appendicts out 4 months ago. Ever since have pain in left side where one incision was keeps me up at night. When I went back to surgeon for checkup I told him. He told me I could have pain for up to a year. Is this normal

Last reply
  • Appendicular???

Hi. So I had CT scan to do abdominal pain, CT came back and told me I have something called "Appendicular" I think? and it means that food gets stuck in my appendix, and he also told me not to worry because my appendix is not inflamed. Does anybody else have this? Thanks

Last reply
  • Appendicitis or functional pain?

My daughter who is 8 years old has ongoing severe abdominal pain, but no one has been able to work out the cause.  The pain is severe - she screams out in pain if someone touches her stomach.  The pain is located in the right hand side where her appendix is.  The pain never goes but she...

Posted
  • Anxiety and Appendicitis!

Hi everyone,  I'm just looking for some advice and reassurance. I suffer from anxiety and have for a fair few years now. Lately when it comes to my health it tends to take over and make me panic. The latest thing I'm obsessing over is having appendicitis. About 3 months ago I started feeling...

Last reply
  • Really scared about appendicitis

Hi my name is Luke and I am 18 years old. Let me tell my story quickly- I drank last Sunday for the first time a little bit and threw up very heavily and since then the symptoms started. Loss of appetite, stomach hurting / heavy feeling in bottom right , grumbling / gassy, some back pains and even...

Last reply
  • Appendicolith diagnosis before appendicitis

My question is, once diagnosed with Appendicolith, how long could it take before appendicitis develops? I have a 4 month history of kidney stones on and around both kidneys. I've had them blasted under general anesthesia 3 times since June this year with no relief. Most pain was on my left flank....

Last reply
  • Having a little pain after my appendix surgery

My appendix busted back in may and i had to have emergency surgery and it's now December and I'm starting to have a little pain on that side which I been taking Tylenol for it. Did anybody experience this after surgery. Also i might be pregnant so can that be where ther pain us coming from.

Posted
  • Pain 5 weeks after lap appendectomy

Hello all, I had the surgery on November 14th, after the surgery I felt no pain at all for the first few days. I am based in China and had pain for 2/3 weeks before surgery. It was difficult to get diagnosed as it was mild appendicitis. It is normal in China to stay in hospital for 5/6 days after the...

Posted
  • Severe pain in appendix area after one year of surgery

As the title says, i have been suffering severe pain right where my appendix had existed. I had mild pain in that area occasionally before this. but since yesterday morning the pain has very increased. I had open appendicits surgery November 3 of 2016. What is happening what should i do? My details...

Last reply
  • Infections after abdominal removal.

Dear all, I have had an appendix removal. One week after sugery, I am feeling sharp pain and bloated in my stomach. Went back to the doctor, was told that I had an abdominal collections though my appendix wasn't ruptured. Had an drainage pipe on my abdominal, four days into drainage, was...

Posted
  • Doctors think appendicitis.. I’m not convinced

3 days ago I started having a weird pain in my RLQ  It was quite mild so I figured I would see someone about it after work if it got worse It seemed to go away so I forgot about it until yesterday morning I woke up shaking, dizzy and feeling so generally unwell and exhausted The pain was a little...

Last reply
  • Is it be appendicitis? Should I visit my GP?

About a year or two ago I got really bad pains in my abdomen which was accompanied by sweating and a list of other symptoms. I went to the hospital and was told that the pain was in my appendix but they weren't going to do anything as the pain was gone by the time I reached the hospital.  For...

Last reply
  • Appendix

I have been bloated and have very tight pain around my hips and lower back. I had a colonoscopy done around 2 weeks ago and it showed an inflammation. It read this: Appendiceal orifice bx: Non specific minimal focal active inflammation Does that mean I have an appendix inflammation? Please help 

Posted
  • Does this sound like chronic appendicitis ?

I'm hoping someone could help me and stop me worrying so much ! For the past four months I have been getting pain in my right hip radiating towards the back , in the groin area and also down my leg , my hip feels like it locks at times and pops and it's then really painful I have been to the...

Last reply
  • apendix?

Started throwing up today and can't keep anything down.  Also have diarrhea. My whole right side hurts but I can't pin point just one spot. It hurts from my pelvis up to under my breast. No fever but some chills. On a pain scale it's about a 4. Should I be going to the hospital? I just...

Last reply
  • appendectomy recovery

My appendix burst in June, I had appendectomy and bowel resection, but I'm still having nausea, and some pain in my lower right abdomen.My doctor said recovery takes time, is this normal?

Last reply
  • Mild pain 1 year after appendectomy. Is this normal?

Exactly a year ago this week I had laroscopic appendectomy. I had bouts of appendicitis for around 1 year prior to my surgery which was misdiagnosed multiple times. It was perforated when it was removed. A week later I was out of hospital and was mobile. For the last few months i've been experiencing...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.