Sudden onset of pain six weeks after appendectomy

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all,

so long story short(ish) I went to the walk in centre back in November with lower right abdo pain. She suspected appendicitis and sent me straight to hospital. Had an ultrasound and couldnt see my appendix so sent me home.

Had same pain on and off for two months. Until 6 weeks ago when the pain became unbearable and so i went to the out of hours GP who again suspected appendicitis and sent me again to the hospital. Had ANOTHER ultrasound, couldnt see my appendix but found fluid and decided to take me to theatre to find out what was going on.

They found my appendix was indeed infected and removed it. Three weeks later went back to work feeling fine.

Until the early hours of this morning when i woke up with stomach pain!! its got gradually worse over the day. The pain feels similar to the pain i felt before my appendix were removed and is located on the right side of my belly button. Anyone experienced anything similar?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.