Help me out please

Posted , 2 users are following.

So past week over I've had stomach pains upper and lower that was really painful bottom right, it went off abit on the bottom right until it randomly came on like a sharp pain asif I got stabbed I got rushed to hospital which showed a appendix mass,I've been on antibiotics for 3 days and got released from hospital today but I keep getting like a sharp twingle in that place that happens every couple of minutes is this normal or is it a sign of it not getting better? Also I have to have keyhole to remove it soon but maybe open depending on surgeon but they said most likely keyhole. What is it like having them put tubes down your throat ect and what is it like being put to sleep and waking up? (I'm 20) and have never had anything done before and I'm really scared about it. Thanks for any replies

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hiya

My experience was slightly different i had terrible pains im my stomach being sick ect got so bad i couldnt sleep .. walk around.. sit .. lay .. nothing eased it at all !! Very uncomfortable.. i took myself to a&e put on iv drip and had full blood count they diagnosed me with gastroenteritis. 3 days later the pain wasnt subsiding lost my appetite still vomiting and not really mobile..took myself to the docs who gave me antibiotics and diagnosed with a acute uti and went home 3 days later i was in excruciating pain couldnt barely move totally out of it we went back to a&e and put back on iv and put a speedy on full blood count lucky for me a surgeon was in a&e when i was walking through (by this point my walking was extremly hunched over due to the pain in my stomach and my stomach was bloated like i was full term pregnant) he done a examination on me and queried a ruptured appendix? He got the blood count back and long story short i was in septic shock!! Was rushed to surgery had a appendectomy via key hole and had 2 drains put in !! My appendix was ruptured and i had leaked 2 litres of fluid/matter in my abdominal cavity the surgeon who i later spoke to said my appendix had turned to gangrene and had possibly ruptured 10 days beforehand!!

The pain radiates but didnt for me completly go away it eased of then come back with avengence i felt weak dizzy and although i had a swollen belly i was unable to pass wind sorry bit personal but a huge sign to keep an eye out for!! The only thing i can say to u is dont wait for it to get too bad u know ur own body and what feels right to u .. i put off making a big deal to anyone because the doc/hospital convinced me it was something else.. dont be afraid of surgery it is such a routine op and they could do it with there eyes closed lol.. u dont remember anything and i was almost running to the op table as i wanted the pain gone.. i hope u get it sorted and ul be back on your feet in no time as ur young (im 31) it took me a little longer to recover as i was ill for 2 weeks before the op. Good luck 😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.