Pain 6 months after appendectomy.

Posted , 1 user is following.

I was diagnosed with mild appendicitis in November 2017 and one week after (tried antibiotics first) I had the surgery (laparoscopic) surgery went well and almost no pain after the surgery! 2/3 weeks after the surgery until now I have had mild & sometimes severe pain!

I can go days without any pain then it will hit me randomly and sometimes stay for days. I had a CT scan, showed nothing. Then a colonoscopy which I found out I have a twisted colon, but since my stomach and digestion is OK they told me not to worry..

The camera got about 50cm into my intestine before I screamed in pain, they tried twice to no avail and told me it was twisted. I do not get any stomach pains & they told me my 50cm of intestine is clean. The follow up with the Dr, he informed me to come back in 2/3 months if I still have pain and possible colonoscopy under GA or maybe an endoscopy.

But now, I am even starting to have rectal pain which may sound crazy but I am just wondering if all of this is linked somehow...?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.