Chronic Appendicitis???

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’m in my early twenties and I’ve had pain in my lower right side for a few months now. I brushed it off to start with because I thought it was maybe just growing pains but it’s gotten worse recently. It comes and goes it doesn’t radiate to any other parts of my stomach. It’s sometimes a dull pain but it can be pretty sharp at times. I’ve also lost my appetite (which is not like me) and lost some weight. I’ve read online and I think that a lot of my symptoms fit that of chronic appendicitis, but it’s also something that isn’t that well documented in medicine. Anyone else had a similar experience that could give me some advice? I do also have issues with my brain ladder (frequent UTIs) which I’m not sure could be causing the pain.

Thanks!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Also I should have read my post before submitting it, I do not have issues with my ‘brain ladder’, I have issues with my BLADDER. Autocorrect is never on my side.
  • Posted

Hey have you got checked out?? I would like to know what happened because I am in your shoes right. Now and I'm a bit nervous

• Posted

Hi, I got an abdominal ultrasound and am internal ultrasound (not pleasant) And nothing came up thankfully.  The only problem is my side is still sore and I don’t know what it could be. I’m going back to the doctors next week to see what they say! I’ll keep you updated 
    • Posted

Ok feel free to inbox me what happen.. I have a appointment Monday so I'll tell you how that went. I'm so nervous I don't know what to expect 

• Posted

Appendicitis occurs when the appendix becomes inflamed and infected. The first noticeable symptom of appendicitis is usually abdominal pain.People with chronic appendicitis have appendicitis that lasts for long periods of time. This means appendicitis that is present for longer than a week.
  • Posted

Chronic appendicitis is a rare medical condition. It can be difficult to diagnose because the symptoms may come  and go, and they can also be mild. The most common symptom is abdominal pain. The likely cause is inflammation or an obstruction in your appendix.It’s important to get the correct diagnosis because chronic appendicitis can be life-threatening in some cases.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.