Left side pain after laparoscopic appendectomy

Posted , 1 user is following.

Had the surgery one week ago. Strangely enough I have nearly no pain on my right side, but I do have new pain on the left that started immediately post surgery. It's somewhat bothersome, and I can feel it more when sitting down, standing up or changing sleep positions or other light physical activity. I'd say it's about 4/10 without pain meds. No nausea, no fever. I don't have any incisions on the left. Just 3 vertical incisions from my bellybutton downwards.

Curious - how is this possible? Has anyone else experienced this? Could it be organ damage, and if so should I expect it to heal on its own?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.