Confusion regarding my appendicitis

Posted , 1 user is following.

A few months ago I had my appendix removed after getting an excruciating pain in my stomach. Everything was fine and all went well but my question is can appendicitis be a recurring pain until it is removed? For about a year prior to the surgery, every 1 or 2 months I would get the same unbearable pain in my stomach that seemed to only last 4-5 hours. I ended up at the emergency room once and urgent care a couple times but I was always told its gas or I need to follow a better diet and was quickly dismissed. They would even press down on certain parts of my stomach and run blood tests to check for appendicitis but they never thought that's what it was. It wasn't until one day when the pain came back and I asked them to run a CT scan that they realized my appendix was "slightly inflamed". I'm 100% sure that I was experiencing the same pain I did on almost a monthly basis so I was very surprised that it was appendicitis. I always thought that once your appendix gets to that point you have a certain amount of time until it bursts and then you're in trouble. Is it possible that my appendix would just swell up once every month or two, causing the pain, and then returning to normal afterwards? I tried to look online but couldn't find any clear answers. I apologize this became so lengthy, thanks a lot to anyone who takes the time to read and can offer some insight.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.