Pain 2 weeks after Appendectomy.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm a 19 year old female. So about 2 weeks ago, I had key hole surgery to remove my appendix. There was nothing wrong with my appendix but the doctors had no idea what was causing my pain so they took it out anyway, after finding there were no other problems causing my symptoms. I had a urine infection at the same time but it wasn't causing my sharp lower abdomen pain. Now after surgery, I'm starting to get a few of my old symptoms back, but its not constant. Its things like back pain, stomach aches, tiredness, stabbing pain just above my right hip and headaches all the time!! The pain is no where near as bad as it was before surgery but my painkillers aren't working and I'm in pain and uncomfortable. what should I do?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Dear Lauren,

I too had sharp lower right quadrant abdominal pain and for 5 months they could also not find a diagnosis. Appendicitis was ruled out and in the end, they thought that a groin hernia could be seen (although very small). Post two operations, I also have back and stomach pain, tiredness and hip pain. I have had occasional very severe headaches. I have a load of other symptoms too, of which some have been very scary. I can empathise with what I think you are describing as that uncomfortable feeling in your body. You are still fresh from your operation so just take it really easy and I really hope that the doctors can find out more for you. Loads of healing, Sharon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.