Ankle (calf) pain?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Okay. I am having a weird pain in my right ankle. It's just above the heel and I can also feel it along my calf.

It is making me walk with a limp and It does start to hurt more after walking for a bit.

I have also noticed that If I stand on my right foot I can't push up on my toes.

Any idea what it could be?

I am 22, none smoker and exercise frequently. Had pain since Monday so been rested since then.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I would suggest seeing an ortho doc- it could be several things,  Better to get it looked at early on than to wait and have it possibly get worse.   So sorry you are goign thru all this- 
  • Posted

My husband has similar pain. He walks 4-6 miles per day when not playing golf. He has been to the dr. He has plantarfaciatus. He was told to stop walking until the inflammation goes down, dr gave him a soft boot to wear to bed, exercises 6-8 times per day & pt.. He is still playing golf. He misses his walks but going in the pool seems to help too. His heel area is very tender but should b better in a couple more weeks.

Hope this helps

• Posted

It could be your Achilles' tendon that has tightened up or the plantar fasciitis. My plantar has stretched too far and I cannot stand on tip toe anymore and had to have my achillies operated on which is a simple procedure.

You may need orthotics if you haven't already got them.

I wouldn't leave it, go and see a professional sooner than later.

• Posted

I had this pain as I started to walk again. it was agony for me and exactly how you describe it. It turned out to be due to wasted calf muscle and the achilles tendon that stretches down through the heel. If you do your physio everyday stretching these muscles etc it will slowly get better. I am around 10 weeks out of the boot and still limp and still have pain and stiffness, especially in the morning and if I havent done my physio enough. I have been told it is all normal. I think its going to be a long road back to where I was before my fall. It has been one of the most frustrating and painful experiences ever. I would of never of thought a broken ankle could cause such a change to my life. 
    • Posted

U will get better. B patient with yourself.

Try to b as constructive as u can without being on your feet, it helps.

Best to u, Karran

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.