Ankle feels warm

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had surgery about two weeks ago my stitches feel itchy as well as my whole foot (allergy to iodine). However I also feel a warm sensation in my ankle does anyone else get this? Just want to know if it's normal! 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You still have your stitches in? They took mine out 10 days after surgery. Probably time to get them out, that's why they are itchy, its healing and pulling. Yes my ankle feels hot and burny sometimes, I hear that's normal. If your incision sites don't look red and puffy its probably fine. When do you have your first postop appointment?

• Posted

I have my first post op appointment this Friday got my surgery done Thursday January 11th I can't see my incision site it is all wrapped up and the doctor told me to leave it that way I'll I saw him because he wanted to be the one to unwrap it not sure as to why though

• Posted

Yep didn’t realize you hadn’t seen him since the surgery. They don’t want you to mess with that splint and wraps. 
  • Posted

My stitches/scar was very itchy until completely healed over. I still have some redness and warmth most days and my surgery was 2 months ago. Swelling from use or having foot hanging down can also cause warmth and itching. All normal unless you have other signs of infection.
  • Posted

Jaclyn, I sometimes get the feeling you are describing when my ankle is swollen. That's my signal ive been up and moving around too long. I should probably keep my foot up more than I do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.