Ankle fracture

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hello ,I am 30 years old female 10 days ago I twisted me foot and ended with bimalleolar fracture ,I listed for surgery after two days ,Iam really scared  and depressed ,any one  Have this surgery before ?! 

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Good evening my friends ,Iam really appreciate your concern and  Iam very happ that  I find such a nice people with good hearts like you .today is the 4th day pop ..Iam much better today no more pain I started walk non  weight bearing ..they inserted 4 scrows inside my leg this makes me so sad ,on 29th October my next appointment.i hope u all fine and have a sweet day ,love u all 🌹

• Posted

Sorry I meant 29th September 
  • Posted

Sorry, you are suffering from this problem. There are various types of ankle fractures but bimalleolar fracture is on of the major fracture because it effects outer as well as inner ankle. The joint become unstable and most of the patients are recommended for surgery. As you are also suggested for surgery, you need to keep calm and don't be depressed. Your stress will make this worse for you, keep your stress level low so that your body will recover easily. You need to do few things to recover possibly:

Be with someone or there must be someone with you to take care after surgery.

Do not remove your splint and keep it dry, call your surgeon it splint get wet.

Cover your splint while bathing, use a chair to sit, take a comfortable position so that you won't slip or fall.

Do not put too much weight on your fracture, use a wheelchair, walker or crutches.

Do slow activities, move your knee 4-5 times a day to avoid stiffness.

Take proper diet and medication as per indications.

These are the things you should taken care after surgery but before that keep yourself busy and try to be happy to reduce the stress level.

Good Luck.

• Posted

Thank u sooo much dear ,I did the surgery now one week pop ,now l stopped pain medication I feel better but I can't feel my 4th and 5th toe even if I put niddle inside ,this make me scared that may be they damage the nerve during surgery 😢

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.