Ankle fusion

Posted , 4 users are following.

How soon can I drive after left ankle fusion

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello sorry but I don’t know, I’m having lots of pain in my ankle had no diagnosis of yet but I think it’s osteoarthritis, my symptoms are pain and swelling and limited mobility, I’m on two crutches I also have pain and tenderness and swelling in my good foot. I broke my ankle in 1995 while working for Royal Mail and the pain in mainly in that area however can go all over the foot. It aches all night and when I turn in bed I have to bend my nees as my foot hurts to move. I’ve noticed my left foot has started to turn out and I’ve got mussel loss in the lower leg. 
    • Posted

I had a cast on for 6 weeks followed by physiotherapy. I have suffered from gout too but this isn’t gout
    • Posted

Am so sorry but am only just over 2 weeks after fusion, am feeling uncontrollable pain and have to go and see my consultant pretty soon
    • Posted

Just wanted to know your symptoms as I think osteoarthritis of the ankle is pretty rare. My feet have also seized up very very limited movement. Any way hope all goes well maybe you will need physio. Hope all goes well for you
  • Posted

you are non weight bearing for six weeks then phsyio for six weeks to get the strength back  then you can drive

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.