Ankle fusion

Posted , 2 users are following.

Just wondering if anyone had 4 or more surgeries and at what point did you know that it worked? Are you ever able to walk far? I'm 49 and my accident happened 4 years ago in August. My ankle was shattered. Just had my 4th at the end of April and still non weight bearing and not driving and going crazy sitting in my chair.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

No, I'm so sorry. I am just 11 weeks after two surgeries for a trimalleolar fracture. I just wanted to let you know that I'm sending you healing vibes and good wishes🍀🍀🍀

• Posted

Darn! But thank you so much. I tell my friends that its not tears all day every day but when it hits.... I have my pity party and then move on. How are you feeling? 11 weeks out are you in the boot or physical therapy?
  • Posted

This has been the worst experience, and I'm 48 with many not fun things under my belt lol. I'm not walking yet because one long screw is pressing or pinching blood vessels and nerves and that whole side of the foot turns a lovely deep purple just holding the foot down, and the pain is horrid. But! I can see light at the end. I think removing the screw will make a world of difference. I'm pretty sure that the bones are ok and have healed well! 

Im just feeling horrified for you that you are FOUR YEARS in!!!  These 11 weeks have been miserable so I really can't comprehend how you are feeling at this point. You have all of my empathy and sympathy. I am so hoping that the fourth time is the charm for you and that you will be walking soon. I had my two surgeries in April too. The second one on my birthday. Worst present ever!

How do you get around? I could not use crutches because I have inner ear issues that cause frequent dizziness so I would fall too easily. I hate the walker thingy. 

Also, I hope you have a lot of help! I never realized how much I did until I couldn't do it, and how little my husband does and how much that drives me crazy. I hope that's not the case for you!

• Posted

My horrible ordeal started at 45!!!! I'm happily divorced and my kids are now 18 (boy) and two girls 15, 12. They suck!!!! At this point they are like...... Enough is enough and go make me dinner!!!! I have had to really lower my standards. I just want to go back to work and get my life back😭 and be able to take my son to college in August. The knee scooter has saved my life!!!!!! Thats how I get around my house. And get to the car.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.