Ankle fusion and back pain??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Any advice would be so so welcome right now!

Went to sleep last night after a day of overdoing it on my ankle (had my left fusion done 18wks ago). Work up at 3am with a steering pain in the right side of my upper back, it's so bad I've been to a&e this morning.

Been diagnosed with a trapped nerve in my back and neck. Im not soft as I've had children but this is just bl@@dy awful! Anyone ever had something similar and if so how did you treat it?

I was thinking of seeing a chiropractor or booking in for a deep tissue sports massage as I'm pretty desperate for this pain to disappear! Xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your back, hope it's getting a bit better.  I never had a trapped nerve but I have had a lot of lower back pain since being on crutches, particularly on the opposite side of my bad leg. I started going to an osteopath at around 20 wks and have been going  ever since. It's really helped to improve my posture and straighten me out so I'd definitely recommend it.  Hope you're feeling better soon. 

• Posted

Thank you, I really think that's the route I'll end up going down. I've over compensated on my right side for so long I now think it's given up ??  

Claire. Xx

• Posted

Hi Morris,

My ankle injury was a broken fibula and a dislocation, so different than yours.

From this injury and prior health issues, I would suggest a few things.  I would visit a chiropractor and massage therapist to be assessed. My RMT uses some sort of contraption called a 'quick release' which some people find helpful - I found it too much for me as I am a small person and it is quite powerful.  Also she uses laser therapy on the injured area(s) and I have found this very helpful.  Lastly, I would try acupuncture, I was quite hesitant at first but found this very helpful and much less invasive to a sore, injured area.

I hope my suggestions are helpful, good luck!

• Posted

Thank you so so much for your advice! I have an appointment tomorrow with a Physio that I know at work, hopefully they will be able to help!

Claire. Xx

• Posted

Claire, I will keep positive thoughts for your appointment and your recovery.  There is nothing worse than terrible injuries and debilitating pain.

Keep your chin up, things will get better...I hope the pain eases up very soon.

Be good to yourself, lots of rest  smile

• Posted

Thank you again for your kind words, they certainly made me smile 🙂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.