Ankle Fusion pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Well, it's been a long road for me and this ankle. 11 years ago I broke it really bad! Then had the hardware taken out to try and help with the pain. All sorts of shoes, boots, injections. Next week I have decided to go with the ankle fusion. How much pain do you think I will actually be in once they release me from the hospital? I have one overnight stay there.

Thanks!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

well, I had 4 ankle surgeries and the last 2 were ankle fusions. the pain was worse with each one. maybe thats just me but I do have a high pain tolerance. after the night in the hospital you will feel ok because they will give you a nerve block but my advise is stay on top of your pain meds!!!!!! good luck.

kim

• Posted

thank you for the feedback. havent even had the surgery and i cant wait for it to be over! LOL

• Posted

1 day post op not too bad right now. nerve block wore off this morning. more irritating than painful. in a huge splint until NOVEMBER 6th then a cast.

• Posted

wow!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!! That's really nice to hear.

• Posted

2 weeks post-op. Splint is off, put me in a cast for 4 weeks. xrays after 4 weeks and will either end up in another cast or a boot. 28 staples removed. That didn't feel the greatest. imageimageFile size is too big

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.