Ankle fusion w/tendon walking pain 16 weeks PO.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Im 16 weeks and 2 days post-op. Ive been walking with a cane for 1 week. I am in horrible pain on the entire back side of my ankle. I'm sure it's tendon pain. My concern is that this will be on going. Any input would be great.

I had severe nerve damage which has left my foot numb but is rarely painful these days. I just worry that doc my have been rough on my soft tissue during surgery.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I got out of my cast 10 weeks and went day 1/2 got a lot of sudden heel pain . Unbearable and finally did X-ray which was ok. So surgeon and I decided to go back in cast good decision. It took not even a day for pain to be manageable and really knew it was the tendon at the top of heel. Some weakness in Calf so going too ask for a image to make sure I didn't tear the achellies tendon and go from there. My surgical site for fusion is good ,still some numbing, and big toe is tight to move. Going to think positive about tendon but want a clear view of what's going on . I think this happens more time than is said especially when you have not been able to use your ankle right because of damage. I hope to have better news soon. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.