ankle has deep aches & tight feeling

Posted , 3 users are following.

i broke my ankle on the 9th of march, and had surgery on the 16th of march. so about 3 weeks ago now. the only sort of pain i’ve been feeling was just in my toes, shooting pains and that’s about it. but the past couple of days my ankle literally aches. like a drilling feeling. sort of feels real stiff in my ankle from time to time. it gets pretty bad, and also the top of my foot feels real tight. i don’t know if this is normal or not, wanted to get other people’s opinions.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

seems we had surgery in the same week, I had it on Mar 21, I am still feeling pain, but by the time it's getting better and pain become is smaller, my doctor advised me to start putting some weight on my leg, but everyone recommends to wait until 6 weeks and then start bearing weights. what do you think? did you have xray in week 3?

• Posted

Hi Kilanworld, I had the op on 23 March and xray 10days later when they first gave me the boot and said I could do some weight bearing in it! But I got a lot of pain so the next day I had the plastwr back on and today, a week later, the plaster came off, I have the boot for next 4 weeks, was told that I can put weight on my foot. Today is my first boot day. I did walk around the house with the help of the zimmer frame so not full weight bearing. The pain was bearable but I feel quite tired.
  • Posted

Hi Tahlia

, our respective operations were only a week apart so our recovery experience so far might have similarities. From today I am in an air boot. My ankle and leg are swollen, I also get the tight feeling on top of my foot and the constant ache. The boot is hot. I can take it off during the day for rests and don't have to sleep in it but I am worried that when I fidget at night my foot might hurt. How are you getting along with the boot? All the best, Anna

• Posted

hey Anna

i don’t have a boot just yet, i’m in a cast & will have this for 3 more weeks. the doctors didn’t tell me what’ll happen when this gets taken off, only thing i know is that they’re going to do another xray to see if everything is healing properly. my foot is really aching today & it’s only 8am 😩

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.