Ankle Issue - What doctor to turn to?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone ever had pain in their ankle and Orthopedists, Podiatrists and Neurologists can't figure it out? I have not idea where to turn to next.

All EMG's, X-rays and MRI's so not indicate a problem. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Bonnie,

I don't know what to tell you. Most of us are dealing with broken ankle injuries and recovery.

Carol

• Posted

Hi bonnie, so sorry this must be terrible for you. Most of us on this site have had some sort of injury or broken bones, including surgery. Have you ever injured your ankle in any way, and have you had the pain for long? So sorry, I can't be of more help. Hope someone on the site has some advice for your.

• Posted

Physiatrist is a pain Doctor helped me a lit over the years.

Wish u only the best. Karran

• Posted

Not particularly in my ankle, before break that is. I had a fantastic Physio once , and he had the midas touch. He was able to locate the source of the pain by working backwards. Usually arm and hand pain, and the source was often my back. I couldn't figure it out, be he was always spot on. It never up being the same place. I felt, for instance, and excruciating pain in my elbow , wasn't my elbow, it was mid back. Once he worked on back, pain disappeared. Maybe you could try a sports Physio who works extremely close with muscular/ skeletal anatomy. Big words- but I mean breaks each part of body down to find problem. Don't give up!

@(*+*)@

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.