Ankle numbness

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello, I am an Electrician and for a day I had to install receptical boxs being in a crouch position for mostly of the day. After work that day, I have notice something wrong with my right ankle, a numbness to my toe and I am not able to pick up my ankle. I am however able to move it left, right and also down. I have rested for about three days and to this day I am still not being able to lift up my ankle no matter how hard I try. 

I am assuming that this might be a pinched nerve or something? How do I threat this issue?

Thank you for your time.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello Jeff,

Maybe you have pulled/torn your Acclies I think a trip to the GP or A&E hun?

• Posted

Dear Jeff

I'm sorry to hear of your problem. In the building work that I did following my TAR I did not have that problem though I sometimes experienced short term numbness but then I remember the same on occasions before surgery.

Cheers Richard

• Posted

Hi Richard,

How is your recovery going? Are you able to get up and around more and out of your room? I just had my plate out and stuck in the boot for two more weeks partial wb, then I hope to be on my way to walking very quickly after that. Thinking positive!

Margie from Canada 🇨🇦

• Posted

Dear Margie

Thanks for asking. It is just over four weeks since the surgery and I am still non weight bearing but doing my exercises and feel there is improvement in muscle strength but still some muscle tenderness.

I'm due to see my surgeon next Monday and hope that the crack in my pelvis has mended enough that he will give the go-ahead on weight bearing. I understand that the best I can hope for is partial to start with. It is so boring being stuck upstairs for all these weeks!

I'm glad that you seem to be on the mend and send you my very best wishes.

Cheers Richard

• Posted

I'm sending you healing wishes Richard, you have it much tougher than me and you are such a inspiration to us all with all you have been through and you are still so positive and soldier on.

I wish you the best!

Margie

• Posted

Dear Margie

Many thanks for your post. I'm only doing what I'm sure all members would do and that is just getting on the best I can<G>

Cheers Richard

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.