Ankle numbness

Posted , 5 users are following.

It will be 5 weeks since my surgery my foot is infected today's the first day I can finally put a sock on they took me out of the boot because the boot was rubbing on my incision in has made my incision open from you walking on it this s*** is so depressing I want to know is anyone else his foot still numb after 45 weeks I've gained so much weight is just so depressing can't do anything can't go to work I'm not married my kids don't give a s***oh I'm just really frustrated today and emotional

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

feel for you... I am progressing relatively O K (15 weeks post fracture) but still get frustrated and depressed. I've put on weight too...suppose it is inevitable when we aren't using the calories but so difficult to refrain from comfort eating

• Posted

Oh Stephanie I feel you. I'm out of my boot for almost two weeks now. I'm weight bearing as tolerated. My right leg from the shin down to my foot feels like it's in a sausage casing. My ankle has a plate and six screws in it. My PT says the tightness is from muscles that haven't moved in weeks. I do daily foot exercises and deep tissue massage to move the lymphatic fluid. Elevate and ice as needed. Hang in there. Just another stop on this journey.

• Posted

Beatrice , is your leg hard where the plate is? Do it feel like something is zapping you? Do your leg get warm? Do u have swelling where the hardware is?
    • Posted

Hi Teresa. My foot is hard where the plate is. I get twinges every now and again. Not so much pain just muscle tremors. There is swelling of the whole foot no particular area. That comes and goes. Week 10 for me. Hanging in. Just got out of the chair without supports yesterday. Go to therapy twice a week. Helping a lot.
  • Posted

Thank you but I'm thinking that the feeling should already be back in my foot after 4 weeks

• Posted

Hi Stephanie!

My incision took almost four months to heal, and I'm going on five months and parts of my foot are still numb. From what I am learning about the ankle and foot, it takes a longer time to heal than other joints and body parts. 

I have been walking for a month, but no where near normal yet. But each week I get a little bit better. Everyone heals differently and I'm a slow healer. Maybe a friend can take you outside to get some fresh air and sun. It really does help.  

Wishing you good luck and a speedy recovery. 

• Posted

I understand totally . I'm in the same situation . My boot rubbed my incision open I'm depressed my child gone about his business I'm out of work my ankle so swollen ugh!!! When did u have ur surgery? I had mine Nov 21, 2017. Is ur incision closing? Do u have swelling ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.