Ankle pain!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am having issues with the tightness around my ankle. It maybe the skin but it hurts. I been soaking in hot water helps with the tightness and put vaseline on my foot to moisturize and put on a sock. I still feel the tightness...could it be the weather as well. Just turned cold. Has anyone had similar experience? I start PT this Monday and I feel that I been baby my foot too long. Wish me luck rehabilitation is no joke!! 😑😔😕 I had a trimalleolar surgery and out of cast since 09/27/18.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I was having the same problem. The soaking in hot water helps. Also. twice a day I rest my foot over the settee and manually with both hands manipulate my ankle left and right and up and down to free the joint. Let your foot go totally loose and just use your hands to move it. I hope this helps.

• Posted

As I was posting I have my foot in water again. Going to slather it in vaseline and put socks on and attempt to try what you said manipulate it. I might just go back to bed and elevate and ice. Do you think a heating pad helps?

• Posted

Yes do try the manipulation. It certainly gets my ankle loosened up. Elevation with hot and cold certainly will assist the swelling. x

• Posted

Bath towel no good as its doesnt give a full range of movement. I can also feel what movements I am giving my ankle, making sure i am going through the full range by using my hands.

• Posted

your ankle is stiff because it needs to be rehabbed. physical therapy once use start will loosen the ankle. the ankle doesn't have any flexibility , range of motion or strength as of yet.

• Posted

Hi,

That sucks. I had feeling that are close to what you are saying. The only thing that seems to help me is to get it warm and then but on a nice tall cozy foot sock right after to help it stay that way. When I elevate it to help with any swelling the heat causes. I give you blessing on the rehabilitation. I have been doing my exercises and it is painful, but in the end makes it stronger. You will be in my thoughts.

Viv

• Posted

I sprained my ankle two months ago (grade three), and I have experienced the same thing. I'm not sure why. I have been in PT and motion definitely helps. As painful as it may be, try to keep it moving. Small circles. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.