ankle problem

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi ive been out of football for 2 weeks already due to an ankle injury and i had an x-ray but they told me its just tissue swelling but i cant feel my bone at all and i still have pain but then i also got pain on my big toe i dont know if its a sprain or my bone isnt in the right place please help/

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Could be a stress fracture. They don,t show on X-ray till at least 7 to 10 days after injury. Go back to a/e and get another X-ray. Sounds like you need a air cast boot to rest it. Good luck. Been there twice now......
    • Posted

is it a serious fracture like am i going to be able to play a game this friday?
  • Posted

You need to have X-ray first. Stress fractures can break right through as did mine. It depends how much pain you can take re playing a game. My foot just couldn't,t take my weight through it in the end. 
    • Posted

i mean i can run but not fast but when i squat down it feels like it was to crack like around my teo area but i get up because it starts to hurt but other thank that its just swollen where my bone is at 

• Posted

Read about stress fractures on this site. Basically a bone under stress can become bruised if it is not rested or given sufficent time to repair it will become a hair line fracture. If you continue to put it under stress ie continue sport such as I did it can,t heal just hurt like hell......
    • Posted

i mean when i got injured the next day i had a video shoot then after that day i ahd a 15 because i was coming out & the next day it got bruised but then it went away it lasted 3 days bruised but then after that the whole week last week i practice but i just ran around the whole track for 2 hours but it never got bruised again i dont know if its getting better & i can kind of run a little bit faster 

• Posted

is taping my ankle while wearing an ankle brace but the sick looking kid a good idea because they have told me to buy a lace up ankle brace but i just cant afford one at this moment 
  • Posted

if the x-ray did not show a fracture then it is probably bruising.  Try and keep your leg elevated to encourage repair and frozen peas on it are good that relieves inflammation.  ?Don't take the peas out the bag though! lol

richard

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.