Ankle problem please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all and thank you for reading this and possibly helping. Here's my issue, about 4 months ago I had ankle surgery I had 3 tendons repaired and ankle cleaned up. When I had the mri my ankle surgeon stated there was a small cyst measuring 3cm on my achellies tendon. I can not remember if he drained it or not during surgery. At this present moment the cyst is now visible on outside and cause lots of pain walking. Has anyone else experienced this and could it be something more serious. The pain is 6 out of 10 when resting and 9 out of 10 when walking on it. I am a single parent of 3 kids and honestly can not take more time out of work for another surgery. Again has anyone experienced this and what did dr do to help? Thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Erin I feel your pain but I don't have any experience of cysts on my tendons.  I do hope someone can give you some hope.

• Posted

Hi there Erin84855. I work for a group of podiatrists. (My tendon surgery was 3weeks two days ago.) I don't know first hand about your cyst but I would urge you to have it checked. It could be any number of things and surgery might not be necessary. And hopefully wouldn't be. I understand being a mom and having no post op time. But yes, it could be something more serious. If it is causing that much pain I would not wait too long. Good luck.

• Posted

On October 14,2016 I had surgery to remove the cyst. The dr said that during surgery the original cyst measured 3 cm (size of golf ball) when he finally got inside, the cyst measured about 7cm (almost size of tennis ball). I am now 15 days after surgery. I was supposed to have 3-4 stitches but after surgery the dr told me how large cyst was and now have more than 15 stitches. At my last appointment with was 7 days ago I told the doctor that the side the insion is on I have no feeling in my foot. He's hoping I regain feeling but doesn't really have an answer. Has anyone else had this happen? It is difficult to walk due to fact I can not feel the floor under my foot. Please has anyone had similar problems?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.