Ankle replacement

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had ankle replacement in January and have been in a lot of pain found out last week that the top of the new ankle has moved down five degrees

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

What does that mean for you? Do they have to do another surgery to correct it?
    • Posted

Yeah that's what he wants to do but I am really not looking forward to that. This has been just a miserable time for me I have been in pain the whole 8 months got fired from my job lost my insurance

• Posted

I am so sorry to hear that! I can't even imagine what you are going thru. You reached a good support group here for sure. That is a long time to go thru so much pain. Is the same dr doing the surgery?

• Posted

Yeah pretty much have to he is seeing me for free now until I get cobra insurance.
  • Posted

So sorry u are having to go thru this. Best wishes for recovery. Will watch for updates.
  • Posted

I am having surgery in September. What caused the ankle part to move?I'm getting nervous about my surgery. What state are you in?

• Posted

I am from Illinois. He said it came loose from my tibulia he wasn't sure about the reason. I wish u the best of luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.