Ankle's been sprained for 3 months and it's still not getting better.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I sprained my right ankle on october and till today it's still not getting better. I sprained my ankle once about 2 years ago but after some treatment, my ankle got successfully healed. But this time, things weren't going the way I thought it was going to. Ok so 3 months ago I was playing around and accidentally sprained my right ankle again after 2 years of spraining it the first time. I only placed iced on it after I arrive home a few hours later cause I was at school. It wasn't getting any better so after about a week later, I went to this Chinese doctor (I'm Chinese btw)  which is the same doctor who healed the same right ankle two years ago. I'm not sure if he's a professional though cause he's only an old man who gives treatment to people who find discomfort in any part of their bones. I did successfully got healed in the same ankle 2 years go so I was like "ok lol whatev". He did the same thing he did two years ago to my sprained ankle. He put some yellow-ish cream on my ankle an drew bandanged it. But this time he told me I should use a compression because I sprained the same ankle twice and it will continue getting sprained in the future even after it's fully healed. So I wore the compression for 1 month as he said but one thing I didn't realized I did wrong was that I wasn't supposed to wear it when I was asleep so woops (i did this for a whole month). Again, he only told me to wear the compression for another one month (he didn't bandaged my ankle like the other time. He just told me those) But now two months had passed and it's still not getting better. So I went to a clinic, he just told me to do some exercise on the ankle and rub some hot water on it. He also gave a few medications. It's been weeks since I did all those things he told me to do but it's just not getting better at all! Should i just go to the hospital to get an x-rat or something? I just don't know what should i do and I'm worried about my ankle.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I sprained my ankle really bad where it was a torn ligament. Ment it was in a cast to heal. See a doc for Xray, may need physical therapy. Keep it iced and stay off the leg for a few days. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.