Ankle Sprain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have managed to hurt my ankle again but i have no idea how or when i did this, my ankle has been hurting since Tuesday this week, i dont wear high heals nor have i hurt it recently.

Years ago i have managed to hurt both ankles by falling into pot holes in a haulage yard! since then i have had numerous problems with my ankles, they constantly ache if i am on my feet for long lengths of time, i am currently wearing a supporon my left foot up to above my ankle which is helping but it is still throbbing and painful. Any advice?

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted

    The pain is likely a sign of inflammation that you can't see in the soft tissue below the skin. Cold compression will help relieve both the inflammation and the pain. While you can use ice or a bag of frozen peas, there are better quality cold wraps available online or in stores. Just be sure not to put anything frozen directly on your skin!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Thank you Vanessa, while i can put cold compression on at home its a little more tricky while at work. i will look into the ones available online.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted



    I highly recommend you to set an appointment with a specialist. Don’t let these “minor” issues sub estimate the bigger picture.

    In many cases, minor sprains not properly healed had evolved to mayor diagnosis cases, which could need surgery; if not detected in their early stages.

    I will just give you examples: Ankle fusions, ankle replacements, ankle reconstruction and a long ETC.

    My advice is: Make sure that you go to a foot specialist, and let him come with an evaluation, is better to prevent than heal.

    I have a friend that did sprained (or so he thought) his ankle, now he is facing some mayor consequences due to his negligence on the “case”.

    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Tried to re-edit my post, but it does not have (or I can’t seem to find) such function.

      Try to avoid any over use of the affected area: Running, jumping, walking for prolonged periods. Minimize the use of ankle affected (at least till you see a specialist or pain goes away).

      By reading your post it seems you been having issues since you first managed to “hurt” the area affected, so yes; I would suggest (again) to see a specialist, your cartilage could be in risk.

      I am not trying to scare you; I just want you to understand that you are jeopardizing your ankle, I do hope is nothing big and that I am wrong.

      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up