Ankle sprain

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

2 year back I had ankle sprain while playing basketball . I have still bad pain in my ankle. 

Please suggest what to do, I have already wasted my time and money by showing to number of doctors. 

0 likes, 4 replies


4 Replies

  • Posted

    You really need to take care of this. That was my story for my years and it got progressively worst. You need a good MRI on that foot. You may have a tear on one of the tendons (in my case was the the peroneal). Try using a walking cast for 2 weeks. If that doesn't resolve you may need to repair the tendon. Ice and elevate for now.


  • Posted

    Hey Mahima,

    Sorry to hear of your chronic ankle problem.

    I couldn't begin to guess the exact nature of your underlying ankle issues since you provided only the skimpiest of detail.

    It's safe to say though that your sports injury was not properly treated 2 years ago, and any soft tissue affected by your injury (that includes a litany of soft squishy bits like muscles, ligaments, tendons, fascia, joint capsules, etc.) has not healed and has probably progressed to chronic dysfunction stage.

    You said you have seen doctors about it but you considered that a waste of time and money.

    Not so fast. I would take poster Lisa's advice and seek medical attention. This time make sure your physician is highly qualified in ankle sports injuries. When you see the doctor absolutely insist on a plain language explanation of your issue, and what can be done to get you back to recovery.

    If you leave your ankle problem unaddressed you run the risk of chronic ankle disability later.

  • Posted

    Hi Mishima! I am sorry about your painful ankle. I think the person who mentioned you getting an MRI is a good idea. They give a more accurate in depth detail of your ankle condition. Health care shouldn't be so expensive. Sometimes Doctors aren't that helpful. At least with getting an MRI, you and the doctor will know what the problem is followed by the appropriate treatment. You didn't mention whether or not you had any X-rays. If not, perhaps that is an option too. I hope you are pain free soon!

  • Posted

    I am sorry to have spelled your name wrong Mahima. That will teach me to not reread what I wrote.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up