ANKLE SPRAIN/CHRONIC ANKLE INSTABILITY??

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've already broken this ankle before and have sprained it a couple times after that. Its always felt weak since the break and it felt loose and prone to rolling. I really sprained it bad 12/6/2021. They think I tore my anterior talofibular ligament and deltoid ligament. I'm getting an MRI 12/13/2021. When I point my foot in (toward the medial side) I feel most pain in the medial side and some in the outside (lateral side). But when I point it out (laterally) I feel pain only on the outside. I rolled it like an inversion sprain I think. I do gymnastics and was tumbling. I've rolled it this way every other time I've sprained it too. Given my ankle now and the history of it, do you think I'll need surgery or something for chronic ankle instability?? I'm really nervous.imageimageimage

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.