Ankle Surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had an ankle fracture  ( Weber B stage 4 fracture ) which required a surgery, and they implanted 8 screw plate on the right side of right ankle and a screw and wire on the left side of the right ankle.

?Its been more than 10 weeks since the surgery with 8 weeks of cast. Now there is still a lot of swelling and I still am not able to bear weight on the ankle more than 20-30%, if I try to put more weight its very very painful.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi  maishs,

I kind of understand what you’re going through  cause I just had my surgery on Friday. I got my ankle fractured and all that but yeah the doctor told me it’ll take over a year for the swelling to reduce and for you to kind of get back your bearings. I don not but I would say don’t stress yourleg too much still keep off it as much as you can like near as little weight on yourleg as possible it’ll be for your best. I’ve been struggling with a lot since I broke my ankle especially with how long it’s about to take before can actually walk but I’m slowly accepting it day by day. 

How are you holding up and how did you hold up having to be very dependent?

• Posted

*** I don’t know but but I would say don’t stress your leg
    • Posted

Yes should not stress, and don't take too much of pain, without family support it would have been hell. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.