ankle surgery 7 weeks ago

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there. 7 weeks ago, I underwent an ankle arthroscopy plus micro-fracture after a climbing accident last year. I'm now full weight bearing with crutches. I was told that I could fully weight bare in the air boot straight after surgery. I'm just a bit confused as from what I've found online, the rehab for this surgery, is usually NWB for the first couple of weeks. I'm just a bit scared that the doctor got this wrong and this hasn't affected the healing especially since it was a pretty bad cartilage injury.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

if anyone has experience with this kind of surgery, I'd really appreciate any thoughts

• Posted

I would suggest that you get in touch with you surgeon or his office straight away and find out exactly what he/her wants you to do. Thats the safest way forward. Ankle surgery is not a walk in the park nor is the recovery as I know only too well having had two TAR's.

Good luck, Richard

• Posted

thing is I didn't mishear him or anything, so theres no point of me ringing him

• Posted

he told me after the surgery FWB with the air boot straight away for 6 weeks, and now at the post op last week, FWB with the use of crutches in the meantime. I just want thoughts on the recovery i've been given, from people that have had the same surgery

• Posted

I do hear you but you are his patient, he carried out the surgery and his guidance is directly applicable to you and other people's surgeon's advise will apply to them not to you. If you doubt the wisdom of his instructions then you should request a second opinion.

Cheers, Richard

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.