Ankle surgery

Posted , 6 users are following.

hand ankle surgery Dec.5th 2019. Left ankle broken in 2 places. unable to bare weight at the moment and unable to mobilize my foot and ankle, but it's slowly getting better. the shooting pain i have form my toes to my hip is unbearable.is anyone else experiencing this situation ??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Bless your heart. It going to be a long journal to healing. It is the truth! I've been there. You have to take it slow, less stress, resting, eating well is all very important to healing! Please don't try to over do it! My prays are with you! Thank you

Veronica

• Posted

You will experience different sensations after surgery and healing process

Its a long road back Im not trying to be discouraging but ankles are a tough part of the body to get back to normal

Listen to your body, take it slow

They will tell you 8 weeks for healing but its more like a 3-3 1/2 month process

PT will help do be sure to do PT once your doctor orders it

Good luck!

• Posted

Hi, I broke my right tibia 10/19 and I was in a similar situation. Although I did not have shooting pain to my hip, I had TONS of other types of pains. All I can say to you is that it gets better EVERYDAY. I am still not completely healed (now weight bearing) and I still have pain. You'll never believe the different levels of pain during each stage in the process. If something doesnt feel normal to you trust yourself and call your doctor and ask questions about it. Take it slow and I wish you happy healing. Try to stay positive as much as possible.

• Posted

Hi...I broke my ankle ..Operated on my ankle on Nov 24th...Yes the pain can be bad ..I took hydromorphine for 4 wks...slowly weaning myself off. Take your pain meds regularly ..It is 8 wks now still no weight bearing however go to surgeons on Jan 15th..then I should be able to start bearing weight...hope you are doing better

• Posted

So sorry to hear of your pain . Its only been since December give it more time. I had a full ankle replacement in July, Iam doing better although ,my foot is still painfully numb ,It hurts to the touch.

I take meds for neuropothy ,do heat and cold therapy .still go to PT three times a week. my doctor says she dosent understand why Iam in so much pain, but that is a bitter story. sorry if I made you feel worse, just keep trying

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.