Ankle surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had ankle surgery 4 weeks again by mistake put weight on broken ankle now concerned I have done damage

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello Ann, I'm sorry to hear that. so, you put weight on the ankle you had recently had surgery on and they did another surgery because you accidentally put weight on it? I'm so sorry that you are going through that I don't think you done damage because they would of told you I just think you messed up what they had fix. I know my doctor kept telling me please don't put weight on your ankle because I was gonna mess up what he fix so I just start putting on a colorful sock on my broken ankle, because believe me at times, I was forgetting and I was trying to bear weight. Don't let it stress you out worrying about if you damage something because I do believe they would of told you. I pray everything will be ok and I hope you have a speedy recovery!!!!

• Edited

Ann, if you are in a cast, I'm sure you won't have done any damage. I did the same and that was 10 days after surgery, and I was just in a backslab! I was really worried. It will make you more aware of of your ankle, take care. That was in 2013

I 'm now recovering after a second sub-talar fusion, as the one last summer did not grow together. I've only just been allowed to start weight bearing after 3 months.

just take care

• Edited

Don't worry unless you are now in serious pain. Regards Mr Ankle

• Posted

hi new to this group. i broke my left ankle both sides 2 weeks ago. i had surguery and a metal plate fitted one side with screws and pinned the other side . I have it in a back slab at moment with dressings . my worry is i live in turkey and i don,t understand a word they say to be at the hospital . i go back next week for stitches removed , what will i expect next . i,m in lots of pain and taking painkillers .I just don,t know what to expect any help i would be grateful .

• Posted

You should not be putting any weight on it, not for at least 6 weeks. I would imagine that you will be put into a full plaster.

• Posted

i have only been put in back slab dressings . stitches come out next week and i have no idea what i will get then .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.