Ankle Tendonitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've got, I think ankle tendonitis, had it about 4 months, can't walk for more than 20 minutes without really bad pain, decided to go shopping with my wife on Friday for about 2 hours as I was so sick of been stuck in the house but boy did I regret it, the next day I found it very difficult to walk down stairs without great pain and it has lasted for the last two days, I've been given exercises to do and I bought two ice packs, I do do the exercises and use the ice packs but perhaps not as often as I should, it would really boost me up if someone could tell me that he/she has had the same problem and that the exercises and ice packs eventually did the trick because at present I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. Please someone give me hope.  Thank you, James Dixon 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have you been sent for a scan yet to identify exactly what is wrong with your ankle? I only ask because I had much the same problem. I was advised to do ice and to do exercises and none of these things made any difference.

I paid for an MRI in the end and found that I actually had a ganglion cyst. I am not saying that this is the case with you, but tendonitis doesn't tend to last that long.

I was told they only consider it tendonitis for the first 6-8 weeks and after that, it is considered tendinopathy.

• Posted

Hi Jane, thanks for your reply, no, I have not had a scan but tomorrow I'm definately going to see the doc and ask if I can have a scan to verify what the hell it is because it really is depressing me, I feel so useless. I'll have a look at tendonopathy, thanks again. James
  • Posted

Hey mate, sorry to hear about your problems. It depends how active you are i guess with what you want/wish to do on a daily basis. Hope this doesnt sound patronising but you have an inflammed tendon. What is your vitamin intake per day? could you add in anti inflammatory vitamens? i think garlic and zinc (but look it up). i have just had an operation after rupturing mine and read a lot of people who have surgery from ur condition eventually. go see a top physio and see if you get any results. RICE etc only addresses symptoms, but doesnt diagnose why your tendon is inflammed. hope this helps
    • Posted

Hi James, thanks for your reply, because of my age I'm not as active as I used to be but I like walking and now I can't even do that, I'm going to see the doc tomorrow and see what he has to say, I'll keep you both posted.  James

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.