Ankolosing only occurs every 4 months?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey, I'm new and just wondering about AS. I have recently been told my risks of having it but it's not confirmed from an osteopath just yet. My symptoms occurred after the birth of my child may 2016. Since then I have had a spasm attack/debilitating pain at every 4 month interval. It also always occurs after the 20th of each month. What the heck? Has anyone else had a smiliar story? Thanks in advance. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Do you get the classic symptoms? Inflammatory back pain, where it is worse at rest and eases with movement. Most AS patients get woken the 2nd half of the night with pain and stiffness in spine, ribs and pelvis. When you start moving it subsides. Also with AS you tend to have pain all the time, but it will flare up now and again, which can be from days to months. 

Your description of pain on 20th of the month sounds more hormonal, if it's a regular pattern. You really need a Rheumatologist to diagnose, and they advise to avoid osteopaths, as they can cause damage to the spine, especially where new bone has formed. An osteopath can also not prescribe the meds required to slow progression. If you do feel you may have AS see your GP and get referred to a Rheumy. On the limited information you have given it does not sound like AS though

• Posted

Hi becky82259

Have you had a HLAB27 gene test which will in some cases confirm AS...not all with this gene has AS...but is a goid indication f you have the symptoms with it.....best wishes...

• Posted

Hi Becky, so sorry for your pain. I never heard of AS until the age of 60 (66 now) and every day is a strugle. I`m now on Oxicodone after seeing a pain specialest and I hate it. I tried Remacade and has a reaction and am now on Humira. I pray you have better results then I`ve had.
    • Posted

Had AS a while now and have posted a number of times on here about my experiences. I still take Celebrex which helps but find all the painkillers I have been given, Morphine, Zaldiar etc., all have side effects. 

A couple of months ago a friend suggested I try Cannabis oil which he makes himself. Two drops under the tongue every night and I am sleeping better and waking up comparatively pain free. Feeing better all round than I have done for years.

I do not think it is addictive in such a small dose and I believe it can be bought in some alternative health shops. That is certainly the case in Spain, don´t know about other places.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.