Ankyloseing spindylitis

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with as waiting for both hips to be replaced my ankles knees wrist shoulders and spine are all affected by it no matter what I take doesn't seem to work I am taking sulferfusane 500 mil 2twice a day and 10 mil of pregnisone did try methetrexsate was no good any ideas how to stop the pain

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear that Dwayne. Has your doctor suggested biologic? Like Cosentyx, humira,
  • Posted

Hi Dwayne,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re in a tough spot.  I’ve been there, too. I usually just keep trying many things until I find something that helps. Often, it’s a combination of several things.  The NASS site has some great ideas and exercises, too. https://nass.co.uk

Looking into biologics is a good idea. For some it can take away all AS symptoms, prevent more damage, and even reverse some past damage.  

There is much more you can do in addition to medication. Exercising (low impact only)  is very important to keep down pain levels.  Stretching, gentle yoga and the pool work best for me now. I’ve also enjoyed benefits from acupuncture, meditation (stress reduction), anti-inflammatory diet, music, and laughter. I got a puppy 18 months ago and he really makes me laugh!

I hope this helps.  What works for me may not work for another. I hope you find something that works for you and brings some relief. 

• Posted

sorry to hear this too Dwayne. For me going onto Cimzia helped moderate the pain. That and NSAIDs coupled together when I'm extremely bad has helped to moderate the pain. Maybe speak to your doctor/rheumy there's a fair amount of Anti TNF meds which are available.

• Posted

Did you know that lectin in foods, and likely gluten, have indigestible proteins that find their way to the joints where they attach to collagen fibers and set off immunological inflammation?
    • Posted

Bobbi,

Your diet sounds interesting. How long have you had AS and do you have to take any medicine for inflammation currently?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.