Ankylosing Spondylitis and lung disease?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am certain I have Ankylosing Spondylitis that has just not been co firmed yet with MRI. I am HLA B27 positive and have had SI joint pain for many years and also anterior uveitis. X-ray does not show SI inflammation so I will have MRI soon. I was recently diagnosed with emphysema and am a non smoker. No past exposures and genetic cause is negative. Does anyone else with AK have lung disease? If so - what is your story and how has the lung disease progressed?

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

First of all, I really doubt if you have AS. as per me

hla b27 = AS ( wrong)

inflammation + hla b27 = AS (correct)

inflammation seen in mri, esr , crp.

In case of mri, it is seen even before pain starts in form of bone marrow edema etc at si joint and spine.

Other members please comments.

• Posted

It is very bad disorder Kimberly very bad I Have seen this AS or HLAB27, and inflammation, I do regular remedial massage who help me however the werewolf within as I call it this disorder turn on me anytime he like , bad genes cause this , and run in families all have the gene but is some no turn on something Turn this on they study etc few drug companies like abbot have made the HUMIRA prizer have the Enbrel they are work on , but is no very good control and is hard to found the correct medication for each one according to each one blood type , sometimes this disorder requires multiple treatment as the body use to the certain drugs and they no work after some time , also we consider the side effects compare to the benefits , I have change name on this disorder instead of AS or HLAB27 I call it the werewolf within or the beast within who turn in the owner, it is terrible disorder I hope you found something to control it as many have but they keep changing, medications is well as all fail to work after some time. I do believe this is inherited from the family tree and attack mostly young people, I wish you well and try the best same way as I do that’s life regards 
    • Posted

Regardless how they call it inflammation is bad for us come from the Greek word I am on fire the blood is on fire from the faulty immune who attack assuming is invention suppress the immune is well leave us volubility on cancer cells to grow , catch 22 , very complex and I have doubts they do found something to control it in long Term I hope they do and some of Those medications are very expensive, they have one new no really new but they condition I do have AS IS HARD TO MANAGE very hard take good Care knowledge is only data the cure we after no this and that , humans want survival we made this way , some like to speculate , wish you well 
  • Posted

We need help for this bad disorders I wish I could found a cure I do it or give for free as long as long get well AS Is bad disorder effecting bad when like

Anytime I hope

They make better medications 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.