annoyed

Posted , 6 users are following.

i have been long term mental health since 2003,i have ptsd and depression,i also now have hardening of the arteries,i recently hada medical assesment for change over from dla to pip,i felt like the nurse who assessed me wasnt really interested in what i said,and wrote what she thought,she didnt even mention anything about my legs,or that i useda mobility scooter,i have sent a letter off my doctor hopeing they will reconsider,does any1 know how long it takes for them to makea decision

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi it takes up to 10 weeks I got my answer in 8 weeks good luck hope all gos ok for u

• Posted

Louise I know how u feel I've just recieved my application for pip it took 2hrs to fill in now I've got to wait for my medical I'm angry and frustrated and it is stressing me out no end I wish I could go back to the life I had b4 but I can't I use a scooter and I'm going to make sure they listen to me! I was told I'd got it for life now thanks to this goverment I worry I'll have no money for xmas so trust me your not alone
    • Posted

The sole purpose of PIP is to direct the available money (80% of what DLA was costing) to those that really need it.

Given that, there will obviously be some that will lose out, others that stay the same and some will get more. But overall the total bill is being reduced.

You could well ask if the 57% of the total welfare bill should be being paid out in State Pension payments to pensioners that already have substantial savings as well as well paid private pensions.

Nothing is for life. I receive IIDB with no end date, my wife receives AA with no end date. My DLA has no end date either. I would be extremely foolish to think that at some time in the future they won't want to review all of these benefits and change the way they are assessed etc with the intention of saving some more money.

• Posted

Hi Louise/Angelmate,

Sorry to hear of your situation. I must admit that 2 hours seems rather quick to fill in forms that require so much information. I have been communicating with many websites regarding these forms, my turn is just around the corner, and the advice I keep getting is:do not rush, supply plenty of additional paperwork and take days not hours to sort out the information. You are applying for money for many years, not trying to win a competition.

• Posted

If you are quite capable in doing that, please spare a thought for those that don't use a computer, have no access to an advice agency and are unable to articulate on paper how their difficulties fit the relevant descriptors.
  • Posted

Hi Les,

I apologise not only to you but to any/all members who may have taken offence to my comments re: filling in pip forms.

The point that I am trying to get across is this:

There are unfortuneatly some claimants who may not be aware how serious these forms are. This is your main chance to explain and describe all the symptoms and diagnosis, along with all side effects and restrictions that your disability runs your life 24/7 including all medication and its side effects too.

Do not rush into it, look at each question again and again, how it affects your whole day and night. If you are not sure, check on websites, chat sites are a good source, talk to others who may know you better than you know yourself. What you are filling in is as important a document as applying for a mortgage or passport, take it very seriously, it may be your only chance.

• Posted

Hi Louise. I have had my assessment 23rd nov which was just over 2 hours with a mental health nurse. I rang PIP today asking if they had my report. They said it went to a dicision maker on the 3rd dec and due to all paperwork she said it might take a while. Please send everything from drs hospitals ect. I even sent empty tablet boxes due to them not been on repeat prescription. Im on high mobility and care at mo. I have been on all sort of sites and there doesn't seem to be many good outcomes. I suppose no body wants to know that just the horror stories. Please go over ur form again if you can before you send it in and check it again. Good luck sweet.xx
  • Posted

ive had my essessment and was turned down for care part of pip,i think its wrong,as i have been long term mental health since 2003,ive asked then to reconsider
    • Posted

It's wrong. My son also has ptsd and mentl health issues due to him seeing my ex beat me up at 6 years old. Hes been turned down. For to many people who need it are been turned down. There is a site called fight4justice they have tons of info. Have a look sweet. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.