Annoyed after visit to the rhymi regarding MRI scan and pain

Posted , 13 users are following.

Well i have never been so mad as today.

when for my six monthly visit to see the rhymi, called me in .

said all your markers are fine very pleased about that, how are you.

not very well i said, this was received with a blank expression, and silence.

well everything looks fine as i said your markers are normal.

at this point my blood was boiling , have you seen my MRI results, yes he said they are normal no problems very pleased.

so that was that, he expected me to leave, oh no i sat there and waited, still silence so i said what are you going to do about my pain, gave him a list i ad made.

he said it is wear and tear on my neck, the bubble wrap noise is bone rubbing.

he felt my temple area were i am having pain, normal he said, when i poined out things on the MRI he said all normal, by that time i think he was ready to throw me out, i was so calm i was amazed at myself, so once again i said what are you going to do about my pain, and look at the list.

the outcome i had the injection in my thigh, going to have injection in mt left hand, and both feet also in my neck.

BUT after asking what other scan i had had, he wants me on AA as i have been on pred too long and must reduce them. WHAT, is wrong that i want a dexa scan before going on AA i dont want another drug that is not going to help.

I did expect more from him, if he had had his way i would have been out after ten mins.

so far still no relieve from injection, early days i know. BUT the pain down my rightside of temple, behind ear and down neck is still there, oh yes when i asked about the pain and aches he sait it is pred that is why i want you to reduce.

so i am sat here feeling sorry for myself, sorry folks.

going to get drunk sod it.

only kidding

l

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

oh Margaret, I'm SO sorry about your CRAPPY doctor's visit. what the hec???? has all empathy vanished from the medical profession (not to mention several folks out there??)

I'm probably not the right person to talk with right now as I'm so terrified about what maybe right around the corner for me. But I sure can tell you I'm sorry and in your corner.🍷💕💐 Lynda

• Posted

Hi Lynda lovelt to hear from you, sorry to hear you are not having a good time, and sending lots of hugs. xx

• Posted

sorry you are going through this Margaret.

Prednisone takes the pain away, it doesnt give you the pain, it's all the other baggage that comes with prednisone that is the problem .

Your RHUEMY should know this.

You are paying him to help you, not for you to go there and treat you as if your a problem.

I write in my diary every day, its just for pred as i'm tapering and every single thing that is happening to my body and Itake it to my Rheumy every 6 weeks as I do tend to forget some things otherwise.

I'm on methotrexate and arava , My diagnosis originally was PMR and after many tests I have rheumatoid arthritis.

Hope you have a better result next time.

• Posted

What's arava? Do they prescribe for PMR too. I am on methotrexate & of course steroids. Can't seem to get below 7 mg.

• Posted

Arava is also known as leflunomide, it is another DMARD like methotrexate and is supposedly helpful in reducing pred.

• Posted

I know this is not always possible but i say Time to Find a New Doctor!

This is horrible treatment bordering on malpractice, I am so sorry to hear this .

good luck!!

• Posted

Idont think its bordering on malpractice, i think hes just read my MRI seen as my doctor has done and saw all the results were normal. my blood tests have all been normal as well for the last six months.

my OH said i did right by staying and asking what treatment i could have, i would not have done this if i had not been at the end of my thether, so dont feel guilty.

i am going to see my doctor and have a talk about it.

• Posted

I agree she needs to find another doctor. Have you been to a pain management doc? If not you should find a reputable one in your area.

• Posted

THE PROBLEM is these doctors are so booked up, they do not listen.

ive been on PRENDISONE 8 months, finding it hard to cut down....

see you in 3 months, was his reply.

they do not listen

• Posted

Yes you are proberly right, they are so busy, our doctors at our surgery are the same, you see them watching the clock while you are speaking.

not like when you had a family doctor who knew who you were.

• Posted

wow i hate to hear this, being on steroids too long can do as much damage as not getting them in the first place. horrible

• Posted

Not if you are on the right dose for what ails you.

• Posted

Depends what was wrong with you and whether the pred was used at the right dose. None of the adverse effects of pred comes close to those of untreated GCA - potentially permanent loss of vision or stroke/heart attacks.

• Posted

i truly believe the body has its wisdom. i hardly gained much weight contrary to most. the difference when im trying to cut down and im stressed is terrible, but i know the PRENDISONE is keeping me functioning.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.