annoying

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, if you put covid 19 in search bar on nras then scroll down to frequently asked questions, there is an update,( by the way it said the other day if you have RA you should self isolate, which I am) if you scroll down there are two charts you can click on, one says I score a one, 55 on Methotrexate, lowest category, on the other chart it says moderate which is quite strict, can anyone help with this please

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carole, i have just looked at the same chart. Im on immune suppressant injections weekly and think i scored 1. I didnt see the other chart. Presumed i would just have to be careful and social isolate. Stay safe. 

• Posted

Hi, I scored a 2 on the chart. Its a pity my employer doesn't understand the implications this has on my health 😦

• Posted

hi the two charts are

Guide to social distancing for rheumatology patients ( I was moderate) but on BSR COVID-19 Risk Scoring Guide ( I only scored a 1) the two charts don't seem to go together or is it me?? these charts are together on NRAS as I previously explained in my 1st post, thanks for any replies

• Edited

They are to be used by the doctors and in combination - methotrexate is used in a lot of things, not just RA. So you combine the disorder and the medication. Generally the disorder takes you to stringent social distancing at the very least, but more often high vulnerability, then adding any DMARD then takes you to high vulnerability and self-isolation.

Anyone on immunosuppressants automatically becomes high risk and should be self isolating. A rheumy colleague was quite keen that these charts shouldn't be accessed by patients because they didn't have all the background to using them.

• Posted

No, my background is in medical science, but I am also a patient research partner with a rheumatology group in the UK.

• Edited

my Rheumatology Department has asked patients to just refer to the chart which I scored one..think to reasure people..but surely they need to use both...they still trying to go through patients records to send letters out..thanks for that great explanation eileen

• Posted

Hi,

The chart I was refering to has now been removed from NRAS however the score chart remains, this chart is supposed to be used in conjuction with the chart that has been removed, so confusing

• Posted

I live in the USA and have been looking online for the risks of covid complications and methotrexate, which I take for RA. Unfortunately, there are some contradictory statements being made. So I have been on self-isolation for a couple of weeks now. My problem is the need to get to a drug store in the near future. That will be a challenge.

• Posted

Not sure how you can contradict the fact that mtx inevitably reduces your immune response so you are at increased risk, especially together with RA itself. You are quite right to be stringently social distancing at the very least. Is it drug store or pharmacy requirements? Do you not have a neighbour/friend who could pick it up and leave it at the door?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.