Annoying bladder problems

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Ladies

I haven't been on for a while but am really despearate to hear from anyone who has has ongoing urinary infections, hard to clear up and even when supposedly gone, still have a feeling of needing to pee.  I am going out of my mind with this one.  I have missed two periods now and this symptom is by far my worst at the moment.  Has anyone else had this, along with aching lower back and hips?

Thanks

Jo

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Joanna, I ve got an infection,I ve pain in my hips and  abdominal pains,I have to run to the loo or I will nearly pee myself,it's awful,I m not sure why we re getting them hopefully someone on here will be able tell us X
    • Posted

What sort of time do you mean, like weeks?  Do you feel it is getting better and then it seems nearly to come back a bit, like this is irritation there?

x

• Posted

I ve this one for a week,it usually goes away,but I have had times when I get an irritation but it dosnt turn into an infection.Is yours a constant feeling? X
  • Posted

Hopefully the anti biotics will help with any lingering infection - but know with hormonal changes we can be more prone to urinary infections.  Sooo here's a way to keep them away that works for many!  Sugar makes it worse - it grows bacteria like crazy so avoid obvious sugar as much as possible (candies, pastries, soda etc - alcohol is also sugar producing in the body so again keep that in mind. 

After the antibiotics I'd get on a good Probiotic supplement daily - and a lifesaver can be cranberry supplements (pills) I take 2 per day and if I've over indulged in foods that irritate, (usually sugar)  I take one or 2 more that day and knock wood have been great for 2 yrs.  Changes are happening and the body isn't always able to keep up, especially if we haven't made any changes either...(diet etc)  So...try and avoid sugar for now...and supplement if you are willing and hopefully you'll be on the other side of this soon!

• Posted

Hi Jo

I'M NEVER OFF THE BOG HUN, it's just awful eek

Nightime, daytime, anytime, I could pee constantly I'm sure

and I know that I've not got a UTI

Mrs M redface

• Posted

Please ask to get this checked out. A friend had the same for over 6 months. Finally they diagnosed bladder cancer. I don't want to scare you and really thought hard about replying but she wishes she'd been more aware.
  • Posted

Hi All

It turns out I have interstitial cystitis, hence the pelvic pain and in my groin and hips as well and lower back.  All tests came back clear for infection or anything else.

Doc said this condition is quite common with a sudden drop in estrogen so have been started on topical estrogen last night.  It has helped already!  What a relief!

Thanks to all those for support, but I really don't think any of us need the fear of God put into us talking about Cancer, as we are all aware of Cancer and would be of course mindful and worried about it ourselves,

Anyway, some relief at last!

• Posted

Sorry, I did think long and hard beforing replying and do now wish I hadn't. I will not reply to any of your other posts. Glad you know what the problem is just 21 hours after your initial post and it is good that the treatment is working.
  • Posted

Hi Hun

So sorry to hear of your suffering not experienced that one which is a blessing sounds awrful google it Hun look for advice you may need a scan if it's that bad X good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.