Annoying boil HELP

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey all!

so i keep getting a few reocurring ones, not a surprise, but some have actually been "drained." I NEVER have had any drained in my lady reigon because that skin is so sensative im scared to get it touched. I HAVE attached an image, of the problem boil. I cant seem to get it past its draining period its so annoying. any recommendations ?? its still secreting pus,and blood, no itchiness its just tender and gross. This one seems to love coming back and id love advice 😃imageimage

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hiii, this is probably not a great solution, but usually try to put vaseline or ointment on too if it doesnt hurt. then cover it with a fabric band-aid from target. i change the band aid daily as it heals.

• Posted

zinc salve day and night and iodine to clean it. Zinc salve is usually used in baby diaper rash salve. And in my case don't eat chocolate! Replace chocolate with magnesium supplements, it stops my chocolate cravings.

And L-Carnitine supplements have made a difference too for me.

• Posted

Absolutely no chocolate and cut back sugar big time, no cakes, donuts etc.

MY baking soda and water paste cuts them back. They all close sooner or later.

Mine have been in admission for almost 4 months now.

• Posted

Hi,

I had a boil before that was draining for literally 12 months.. No healing just constantly draining.

I kept going back to the doctors as it was getting me down as you can imagine for that length of time.

They swapped me to some different dressings, I can't remember the name of them but they had something in them that draws out pus.

They also gave me a course of really strong antibiotics and swabbed me for MRSA.

All these things together must have done some magic cause about 2 weeks later it healed over.

Maybe try going to the GP and asking for something similar to what I had and it might do the trick.

Hanna.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.