annoying gnawing feeling

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all

after 3 really bad attacks and a visit to a and e I have been diagnosed as having gallstones. There are apparently only 3, but I constantly have an annoying uncomfotable gnawing gravelly pain in the middle of my chest and sometimes goes into where my gallbladder is. I have been given omaprazole by gp and some other tablets which I cant think of the name of but they are antinausea ones. I have a job where I lift heavy objects and I dont know if this makes it worse. when I had my scan last week the scanman commented there was something on my liver to the trainee he also commented there is nothing sinister about it as it was as it was not irregular in shape and was probably fatty deposits. I am to get the results back to my g this week (the whole system seems a bit odd, but hey Im getting somewhere now) sorry to go on its not so much hurts its just so so damn annoying any suggestions. Thanks in advance

Jan

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

i had this - following getting ill and turning yellow - at the time of my iliness i was compleatly obsructed and felt no pain due to a large stone bocking nerves!! once the obsruction was removed i had a constant knawing pain untill surgery - nothing i ate or drank got rid of it - i tried increasing my food and liquid intake but nothing made a difference!! are you being referred for surgery?

if not make a fuss with your dr to get reffered on!

• Posted

Thanks Vixen

Im glad im not going mad about this annoying feeling. You are spot on if im hungry its annoying if im full its annoying. Its a bit of an odd one how the hospital do it I was taken as an emergency after my third *bad attack* as I stupidly had stayed at home on the two previous times I thought it was just acid, but an horrendous case when I look back now I was so stupid not going to a and e straight away I just kept thinking it will go in a minute 5 hours later rolling about the floor bed chair crying and being really sick it hadnt! I did get an emergency apt at the gp later that day she suspected gallstones then gave me some anti nausea tablets and some omaprazole. She told me to go to a and e if it happened again. Later that week it happened again so I went to a and e they were great,couldnt fault them at all gave me iv morphine because I kept vomiting so much the gave me a heart monitor and blood tests. (my partner was laughing when I had the morphine as he could see the pain drain from my face I have never been so relieved ever the ain had been horrendous but then just went) My liver function was slightly elevated.The hospital have to write to gp then gp had to send me for an ultrasoundscan, waiting list was 3 weeks. I've just had that last week and am waiting for ultrasound to write back to gp with results so im waiting on what gp decides seems a bit round the houses, but if thats the way they do it they do. So if anyone has any good remedys to stop it being so so annoying im willing to try :D Jan x

• Posted

sorry your having a bad time right now Jan, i hope you hear some good news soon.

vix

• Posted

Hasnt your GP given you any painkillers? Jeez thats terrible :roll: :?
  • Posted

Hi all

Small update doc has given me some co codamol which is ok as it takes the edge off. He also suggested trying colofac as it can sometimes stop the cramping feeling. Been not so bad this week thankfully results still not back yet but as it has been confirmed I have gallstones he is refering me to the consultant at the hospital without waiting for my scan results so thats moved that along a bit quicker.

Hope to find you all good smile

Jan x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.