annoying heart skips beats

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi have been suffering for a few months with mood swings and heavey bleeding every month and headaches and palpitations that are scarey feeling faint etc but been checked out, today just as feeling totally anxious free for a change i get heart palps yet again when out relaxing, feeling hot and worried, i return home and yet another period starting up, my temper flares and i feel hopeless any help please many thanks debi

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Debi I have suffered from a pounding heart and a feeling so bad it feels like my heart is jumping out of my chest.  Pulse and blood pressure checked and normal.  It seems to have gone now or certainly reduced but it is very scary!!!  Common in peri and menopause I believe but important to get checked out as you did.  I am in meno so don't have periods but have had mood swings.  I am now on HRT and propananol for anxiety and it is helping.  Medication not for everyone but I just could not go on any longer.  I hope things improve for you Debi.XXX
  • Posted

Hi debi, just want to extend my sympathy, I think the mood swings and heavy bleeding are new for you? Maybe your progesterone is dropping, causing heavy periods and moody pms. 

I use progesterone cream, it really helps with the moodiness. It is a bit controversial, you could look into the vast discussion on line. You can order it over the internet.

As for the heavy bleeding, if it gets too much you can take tranexamic acid (you have to get it from your doctor).This will reduce the bleeding. You should make sure your blood iron levels are okay, ask your doctor to check. This is really important, low iron causes depression symptoms (irritability and bad sleep). You can easily supplement iron, again, just ask your doctor.

And vitamin B is really helpful.

I have been having these same problems for a long time, but with enough self-care I am managing ok. Mind you I haven't done the dishes in a while! PMS week.

• Posted

Aahh, Jennifer, a kindred spirit:-) - nice advice.

I use the same as you now. Seems to work well for me at the mo.

Did take transexamic for quite a while:good stuff! Hate taking meds so when I'd forgotten to get a repeat prescription, I went 'cold turkey' = Fine. Maybe while I was using them my Ps were naturally changing?

Felt a bit hot this morning (a newby for me really, but i'm prepared!) so had an evening primrose.

Also feel my Bioidentical prog cream AND Menopace Original are a good combo for me, both for physical & mental symptoms. It'll all be put to the test over the next 12+wk, due to house sales/son moving out/relocating in the UK. I don't do tings by half!!

You're right about the debate about the benefits of probs cream, but from a personal point of view ive felt fine with it.

Watch this space.......:-)

Sx

• Posted

Thanks shaznay, good luck with the house moving and relocation. I started a new job this spring, actually two new jobs, and it hit my nerves something fierce. I was actually vomiting from stress one morning! So please go easy on yourself in your busy time. 

I stopped taking tranexamic acid as well, my periods had gotten lighter. I guess I made it over the hump, and the estrogen started to fall as well. Although the last one was heavy . . .

Thanks for the sweet note, and sorry to debi for hijacking her convo!

• Posted

Hi Debi

you are not alone I have been suffering for about a month with palpitations myself and very moody at times. Yes it is scary I just want the palpitations to stop even at night when I get up to go to the bathroom my palpitations start up or when I am walking I have them too. 

Feel scared and hopeless at times, just want to crysad

• Posted

Hi there, I suffer from palpitations too, or heart flutters, did mention them to Doc and he wasn't bothered, it's unsettling though, notice them most resting in the evening.  You are not alone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.