Annoying Pop-Ups on iPhone

Posted , 7 users are following.

I tend to read all the responses to BPH discussions I'm in on my phone. However, lately the pop-ups are so bad I can hardly use it. Anybody else have this issue? Is there a way around it? (I have pop-ups turned off in Settings).

Thanks,

Tim

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

This site is full of ads and runs extremely slow on my phone. Plus the posts aren't in chronological order making the most recent post in a thread very hard to find.

That said, they have to pay for the site some how and it is a good place for health info

• Posted

Tim, no don't get any pop ups. I use an iPhone 7.

• Posted

I see the ads but they don't block anything.

• Posted

Its not blocking for me just slows the site down to a crawl. Even on my desk top sometimes. Couple that with difficulty finding new posts in a large thread makes me want to scream. I followed the FLA thread until it took me 10 minutes of scanning posts to find the newest one.

• Posted

Unclefester,

Just checking, did you go to Settings on your iphone and enable Adblock Plus in Safari? So far since this morning its working great for me.

Tim

• Posted

I use AdBlock Plus on my IPhone and that stops the popups making this site usable.

• Posted

Thank you very much - just installed it this morning. I couldnt even read your msg last night, kept getting redirected.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.