Annoying "spacey" head tormenting me --again.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

Last time I was on here I said my dizziness had 98% gone away.  And I can't say I am dizzy but my head is "tight".  Also my equilibrium is off too for past 4 days.  I was on this site before & everyone was so helpful.  ANd I wanted to support those still "dealing" with stuff when I was better.  This will pass too eventually (hopefully) but I hate the sensation.

I do believe my neck problem causes alot of tightness around my head.  Took half a muscle relaxer called Skelaxin.  Will see if I notice any difference.  May take a look at the videos I watched with people moving & driving.  Helped before will try it again.  Sigh...

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I call it a "swimmy" feeling....  Mine flairs up if my allergies are bad OR if I need an adjustment from the chiropractor.  After an adjustment I feel so much better. 
    • Posted

Your right it can be a "swimmy" sensation.  I haven't seen the chiro in a long time.  That is a good idea.  Thanks.
    • Posted

I've been dizzy for a year now literally every single day...some days are worse than others. I've called nsidered seeing a chiropractor to see if this would help. We're u dizzy everyday? And what did the chiro adjust that made u better?
  • Posted

Hello Marie.  We've "talked" in the past.  I so agree that neck problems that cause that constricted, tight feeling causea lot of these issues with dizziness. Even looking downward can compress nerves.  I feel better when I take an occasional Valium, which acts as a muscle relaxant.  Also feel better from taking a couple Advil - I guess from the anti-inflammatory action of it.  Just need to remind  myself constantly to pull my shoulders down, and try to relax my neck.  Add to that being congested, and not only do I feel dizzy, but the tinnitus starts up, and I feel "out of it."  Allergy season definitely seems to make it all worse.  I'm happy for you that you seem to have found some relief.  I wish that for all of us!
    • Posted

HI--It has been a little while since I was on the site.  Thanks for your feed back.  It makes sense that tightness in the neck can go over the scalp.  I have severe arthtitis in my neck for many years.  Surgery is not an option now.  I am older now but my neck was dx at age 40.  Not much gets better with age.  I am glad I don't have a job to go to anymore.  I don't think I would last too long.

Do you all have spouses or partners that are understanding?  I hope so.  I'm sure mine is sick of hearing me.  Better days are coming right?

• Posted

How were u diagnosed with a neck issue? What tests did u do to find out?
  • Posted

As others have said, I find that allergy season and drastic changes in the barometric pressure impact me.  I am usually around 98% recovered as well.  My neck hurts a lot too and on MRI I was told that I have spinal stenosis and and issue at C3 and C4.  Went through 6 weeks of physical therapy which had little impact.  I am now seeing a massage therapist and she has found that my neck issue is originating from mu rotator cuff and my pectoral muscle and also some related to my SCM.  After two sessions she has almost got it worked out and my neck has not bothered me in a few days.

Best of luck to all in your quest to find answers.  Lord knows no doctor can help.

• Posted

I like your comment  "Lord knows no doctor can help you".   I have spent nearly a thousand dollars in co pays this year.  They didn't help the dizziness I had nor the chronic pain.  Oh yes I got to pay 64 dollars for some muscle relaxers that barely help.  I could go on & on.  Then I have this "friend" that says you just can't think about it (your pain).  Unless it is her that has a problem.  Guess I'm bitter today smile

• Posted

Sorry Terri you get the credit for that post.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.