Another abscess or inflammation?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone. Think a lot of you know my story. Divedticular abcess caused by infection and perforation. Had no idea i had the abscess for 5 months. Just felt unwell. Nothing on blood tests. Bowel resection last yeayear in May bag for 3 months, successful reversal in august. However, although my bowel is functioning well, i have similar symptoms to when i had abscess, which funnily ebough was bladder discomfort, chills etc. Saw surgeon this morn. Hes sending me for ct scan to see if there's inflammation or another abscess( unlikely he thinks) but possible inflammation. Has this happened to anyone? Would appreciate advice.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

So sorry! Please keep us posted. May have something like this too they are not sure! My doctor did a scan said diverticulitis has settled but not sure of gray mass on my left overy yet cant seem to get an answer! Keep us posted on how we can be praying! Hope so your speedy recovery! 🙏👍

• Posted

After I've had all of the surgery, i wouldn't have thought this could happen. Anyone out there who has had surgery had further problems with abscess or inflammation?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.