Another doctor & another copay

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

When will things get resolved.  The neck issues & the dizziness starting to think they are connected.  Seen by a Neurologist & she went over all my tests very carefully & also tested my walking & other things.  She said I did fine but I will never be a Wallenda (a tightrope walking family). 

She told me to take one Flexeril for 3 nites & 3 nites off.   Took one last night & after breakfast got so dizzy that all I could do all day was lay around.  She said if I could tolerate the drug I could start an anti-depressant.  Not starting anything.  I am at my wits end.  Not taking anything tonight.  Pharmacy said I should try cutting pill in half.  Couldn't get hold of the doctor "on call".  He never called!

Lady doctor said don't just sit around well if your too dizzy what can you do??  Is this coming from neck she said it is from tight muscles!!

Feel bad for everyone in chronic pain.

Marie

1 like, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello everyone, Not been on here for a while.  Im just the same but I have researched SCM and having got a red eye on the left side, I realised I think this is what I have not silent migraine.  My red eye didnt respond to anti biotics or allergy meds and only went after I rested on holiday.  Ive always had neck problems since a car crash in 1973.  I have all the symptoms to the T - so I summoned up the courage and booked appointment with GP.  I took all my SCM research papers with me and showed him.  Anyway he agrees !!  He has now written to the orthopaedic clinic at the hospital so I have to wait about four weeks to get a letter from the consultant.  I am going back to neurologist on 13 august and I shall tell him also.  Terry this is only thanks to you.  I cannot wait, I am so excited.  I need to get out more (if only).  Three years of constant dizziness and being treated with beta blockers and epilepsy tablets = stuffed full of drugs and its a neck problem.  Its def positional, so how can it be silent migraine when one second its there, then I move and its gone, then I move again and its back - no way that can be silent migraine.  The anti depressants helped as they have helped me relax.  Other than that I dont take anything.  Nortriptylene helped the most but they make you relax. Anyone who else who is wondering, google SCM its the most unusual muscle in the body and can cause all the sinus issues, dizziness, watery eyes, red eye on the affected side, neck pain, head pain, weird eye stuff, cheek, chin, jaw pain which can all be mistaken as something else.  Terry if this comes right I shall fly to america just to kiss you !!!!
    • Posted

I certainly hope the best for you.  Keep us posted on what your results are.

Best wishes!!

• Posted

Good news Paula, hope you get some action now and they can do something.  Keep us posted.
    • Posted

Hi Paula,

As a result of your Post I Googled SCM and read the connection between the Mastoid and Vertigo/Dizziness. That is very interesting!! As a child, some 75 years ago, I had a burst abcess in my ear (no antibiotics in those days) which was very serious. Recent examinations by ENT and my GP they both remarked on the scarring they saw, but didn't connect it to Vertigo......  I am now wondering if that may be the cause of my current issues and if I should mention that to my GP?  What do you think? I think he may use that as a "copout" for the Vertigo/Dizziness I am experiencing. The article was very interesting and really made me think.

Regards Pauline

• Posted

Third attempt,to reply, this  webage goes weird in weekends!  You will prob get a better response on line as GP,s,Don.t seem to have a handle on Vestribular problems, go  on to the Fbbook page for Veda, Vestibular Disorders Association and ask same question there. ,you could have some degeneration going to. Due to that scar tissue 
    • Posted

Glad you read it, it was Terry who told me about it.  You could mention it, but I expect they wouldnt have heard of it as my GP hadnt.  I had to leave it with him to go thru before he would refer me anywhere.  Take the pages with you when you talk to your GP.  Its always another possibility.  Ive noticed my dizziness is positional.  It depends on what Im doing.  Moving my head makes me dizzy as does walking and trying to type a document.  Keeping my head still I am fine so I dont see how I can have silent migraine.  All we can do is carry on trying to find out whats wrong with our detective work.  Its not right, but its the only way.  As its so common someone should study it.  If only. 
    • Posted

And thankfully this site is full of lots of good detectives!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.