Another failed attempt :(

Posted , 6 users are following.

I started the vitamin C treatment about two weeks ago and I had to stop because it was giving me a lot of abdominal pain and when I inserted a tampon it was extremely painful to remove and it had blood on it. Has anyone else experienced this? I have googled about this treatment but could not find any results in it being harmful. I've actually read it is very "healthy" and "safe" of course US doctors don't recommend them but I haven't found anything on any harmful side effects.

Hopefully I didn't damage my vaginal cannal. 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

I was inserting the Vit C and it seemed to have helped, but I had side effects.
  • Posted

Yeah vitamin c gave me abdominal pains too andkimda blood. The pain alarmed me so I stopped. Hope you find what you're looking for

• Posted

I haven't had luck with the vitamin c either. My vaginal wall is peeling, and there is a little bit of blood in the shedded skin. I'm scared, because I feel like I caused some damage. I just may very well have to set up an appointment with my gyno. I'm just over all of this mess. This is taking a toll on me mentally. It was working well, but these side effects are insane. I am over this bv battle.

• Posted

I think that would be best just to make sure it's not worse because of the Vit c. I am going to go sometime soon also. They are just soo expensive! Ugh. 

If you have health insurance going to a s psych doctor might not be a bad idea to help with mental management, I had to go see one and it's been better.

• Posted

I would just stop it straight away , I heard peroxide hydrogen ?would attack the walls of the vagina and cause serious health problems

If vit c has any of these products or anythink like it then I would say that's probably why

• Posted

I had to stop and currently only using hydrogen peroxide wipes for the smell and it seems to help a little until I find another treatment. 

What have you tried?

• Posted

I didn't try any online products or home remedies as im a firm believer these add to the fire causing bv to become more aggressive , I tryed the metro gel for 7 nights but it didn't cure it or keep it away, so I changed my knickers from thongs to pants and stoped smoking and took metronidazole tablets for a week 3 times daily and they cured me im still clear now however when I have a week where I smoke I can start to feel it coming back ??an the smell changes soons I stop smoking it goes away xxx

• Posted

It's different for everyone, metro doesn't work for a lot of people, it didn't work for me the one time I took it. And for some, home remedies work great. The reason I got bv is because of antibiotics so taking metro seems kind of counterproductive.

• Posted

I've tried alot of prescription medication because I thought the doctor would have an answer, but it failed every time. The meds are expensive and they didn't work for me at all. I'm glad you found something that worked for you. I am still in search on a cure for myself.

• Posted

Have you done blood tests to find any deficiencies you might have? Or imbalances. Cause in the end all the stuff you put up there will not work if something in your system is not letting you heal. Hydrogen peroxide and vitamin c does not work for everyone and it is used for pH, but everyone is different and react different to it.
    • Posted

I have not, although not a bad idea. I started consuming vitaminD3, Vit C 1000mg, probiotics and I am also taking prenatal vitamins. This is all from about a 8 days ago. So I am attacking this infection internally as well as externally. I am going to exhaust my options, because I have gone to too many different doctors so they can tell me the same thing. Not to mentioned all the money on prescriptions which did not help.Also the office visits aren't cheap when you don't have insurance.

Kinda crazy how providers will accept less than 40 percent of their bill from health insurances because of a "contract" but will charge private pay at a 10 percent discount, which is paying about 90 percent of the entire bill. It's ridiculous.

• Posted

Yes I suggest you do that, especially a hormone check. Also with the vitamin supplements, taking too much and being over the norm range is sometimes just as bad as being deficient, so make sure you're not taking too much of what you don't need. Taking a probiotic is good, maybe adding some natural antimicrobials like garlic is also good. I totally understand the struggle, I have tried a lot too. Good luck

• Posted

Yes. I started taking garlic pills with Thyme about 1-2 months ago, still not a huge change. I stopped the prenatals and will continue taking the other vitamins. I just hope I find something soon/
  • Posted

Hi Hope,

I don't know if you have seen my post but please try washing yourself with camomile tea. I've suffered with bv for 2 years and this has cleared me smile!

Good luck

• Posted

Hi Maxie,

Yes I actually did read it! it excited me! And I am very glad you found something that cured you. I will be trying it after if my H202 washes don't work. I'm so glad for you! I bet it feels amazing. Makes me feel like there's hope for me too. Thank you :D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.