Another Flare

Posted , 10 users are following.

Good day all, once again another flare, a little history, I went in for an epidermis shots in L3&4 on the 21st of January, kind of slacked off my diet. 1st of February, did not feel great, 3rd of February full fledged flare up Prednisone up from 5 to 15 mg. Needless to say, I am back on my diet all organic and wild caught fish. I believe my diet has a tremendous amount to do with controlling my PMR. So here I sit in the snowy mountains of NM, unable to ski, first it was my hip now my PMR. Hoping to stabilize soon so I can start reducing my Pred. Just another bump on my PMR journey, thinking positive with a smile. ☺️

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

well, phooey. tell me about your plan of action--how long will you stay at 15? how will you go about reducing? what are your plans? wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery!

• Posted

Bummer: to say the least!

I'm sure I'm not the only one out here wishing you a quick and thorough recovery. You ski for me, Michdonn!

Keeping you in my thoughts. Pls keep us apprised of your steps and insights along the way (back)....

• Posted

Hi Harrie4, I will, I will be back on those skis soon, the hip seems to be healing well. Now just need to knock the PMR down. Staying positive with a smile. 🙂

• Posted

Darn, sorry to hear you hit another speed bump. I hope you get back on track soon! I have a question for you out of curiosity. Quite a while back I remember that you and I were at the same dosage level of pred and were reducing roughly at the same rate. Later, I noticed your dose was running lower than mine, which made me think I was reducing at a slower rate. I've been reducing at .5mg every 6-7 weeks ever since I was approaching 10 mg because I was having trouble getting below 10. What's your reduction rate? I'm at 7.5 and starting towards 7 next week.

• Posted

Hi TheRaven, I was using the full DSNS 52 day protocol and reduce it to 38 days , 1-5 instead of 1-6. I been on 5mg at the request of my Rhemuy for over a month, she didn't want me reducing while I was having the hip worked on. So here I sit looking at all that great snow. I will get there. 🙂

• Posted

Fingers crossed it won't be long!

• Posted

Hi Eileen H I see my replies to you have been deleted. Up to 20 mg finally got relief. Hopefully I will be able to decrease as quickly. Thinking positive with a smile 😊.

• Posted

Hi Eileen H I really do not know!

After four days on 20 mg three of which were PMR pain free; today I reduced to 15 mg and feel good no PMR pain. Tomorrow morning will be the time I would normally feel my PMR. Thinking positive with a smile.☺️

• Posted

Good luck. I had a brief trip to hospital and the consultant put me on 15mg (I was on 11mg) for three days. She said that normally we produce more cortisone when undergoing infection or injury so we need more pred to provide the same function. It was nice having it explained! Hope all goes well and that you are soon back on those slopes..:)

• Posted

Hi Celia, I was on 5 mg for about 6 weeks my Rheumy requested I hold at that. level. Bumped from 5 mg to 10 to 15 to 20 mg finally relief. Now hopefully I can reduce as quickly as I increased. Thinking positive with a smile 😊.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.